What's new

My Review of Lea Aftershave Lotion (Splash)

Hey everyone I'm back again for another review. This time on the classic Spanish Aftershave Lea.

Overall, I have to say I unfortunately really dislike the product. I don't like the skinfeel, I react to something in the formulation and I hate the scent. It is an alcohol splash with some other ingredients to make it somewhat good for the skin. Similar to Speick or Proraso splashes.

The scent is an extremely heavy oakmoss forward scent with some sandalwood notes (allegedly). I get 90% Oakmoss and 10% cigarette ash tray from the splash. Really dank and not to my enjoyment at all. If you love oakmoss scents or oakmoss as a scent note, you will love this. The scent strength is very high. One of the strongest splashes I've ever used. Scent longevity is also very high. Thankfully, projection is not. The drydown is a very mossy, woody scent.

The skinfeel is also not to my liking. It goes on very oily. Not refreshing and bracing like many other splashes. I find it leaves a slight oil film on my skin and I just hate the sensation. That being said, it is a nicely nourishing splash. I don't get any dryness or rawness after applying.

I personally, react to either the scent or something in the formulation. It is mentholated, but not overly so (less than proraso green). It feels like a chemical burn that lasts for a minute or so. Extremely uncomfortable (For me) but if I didn't suffer this reaction the performance of the splash would be pretty good overall. you don't need much at all to properly coat the skin and to be fair, the splash itself does leave my skin feeling quite good after the burning sensation subsides. I would comment on the ingredient formulation but I threw away the box and it doesn't seem to say on the bottle, the website I bought it from or any other site. From memory, it was pretty good. Probably similar to proraso with some oils instead of a heavy dose of glycerin.

The bottle is a nice elegant glass bottle (it has a flat-ish, wide and narrow shape) with a small spout and no restrictor. I appreciate the lack of plastic and I haven't found it difficult to manage how much splash is poured out. Overall, a nice bottle design. Not going to ruin the look of your sinktop or take up too much room in a drawer. Overall, just not a good match for me. Going to give it to a friend who loves these 'old man scents' a lot.

What did you guys think of it?

Never used it myself, albeit, from what I see and read, it gets pretty decent reviews. Perhaps you are sensitive to one, or maybe more, of the ingredients.
What precisely do you mean by "old man scents"?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thank you for the review! You have probably saved me some money my friend! Ash tray scent has never done much for me with my wife!

Never used it myself, albeit, from what I see and read, it gets pretty decent reviews. Perhaps you are sensitive to one, or maybe more, of the ingredients.
What precisely do you mean by "old man scents"?
I agree, I must be reacting to something in it and/or the fragrance.
It is a very, very typical old timey mens scent. I would associate this scent with someone above the age of 60 to be specific. Like original old spice etc. Its a not a knock to it, just a perception.

Top Bottom