What's new

My REVIEW of Humphrey's handmade

Here is my review of the Humphrey’s handmade shaving soap ! :)

I wanted to try a glycerin shaving soap for a while and after some research on internet, and especially on etsy, I finally pulled the trigger on Humphrey’s.

I’ve tried quite a lot of soaps in 4 years of wet shaving, I particulary love Stirling, Tabac, Razorock and Mystic water.

Here is the website : Humphrey's Handmade Beard Oil | Lip Balm | Body Spray | Castile Soap

Each shaving soap is 3,6oz and costs 5$ only ! I bought 2 « mutant » and 1 « lavender ».

savon 1.jpg

you can see the 100% natural ingredients !

For those of you living in the US, that really is cheap, unfortunately the shipping cost to France is a little bit high (though not the fault of the seller), but still a great deal for me.

I received the parcel in a week and Joe (or Kelly) sent me 3 samples with my soaps :)

I have used the «mutant» soap for a week now and here is my point of view :

Soap is cheap but does not come in a tub. I melt my 2 Mutant pucks and put them in a large jar, very convenient to work the lather.

savon 2.jpg

Here you can see the puck size compared to Razorock soap

I chose this scent because I love lemon scent and also because I wanted essential oil, not fragrance oil. Mutant shaving soap is a blend of lime and lemon essential oils, and for those of you who like citrusy scents, you won’t be disappointed.

It’s fresh, smells natural, present during the shave but not overpowering (not faint either).

Regarding the lather, you need to load the brush a bit longer with glycerin soaps, but the result was great:). The lather is sick and does not dry at all, there is a good glide due to the glycerin and a nice post shave feel. I did not notice any lack or cons and the soap really surprised me in a good way.

This soap is really thirsty, I really need to add a lot of water, much more than a Stirling for example.

I don’t think it’s a bad thing but the soap needs to be worked more than the average on the face (face lathering is a pleasure, so no worries for me)

savon 4.jpg

My Omega 599 after my 2 passes. Plenty soap left !

Regarding the other scents that I received, here are my impressions :

- Lavender : smells natural lavender, not synthetic at all (essential oils). I’d say it’s not a bitter scent but more on the sweeter side, well balanced.
- Wendigo : hard to describe, but to me it’s like a sugary pine scent, if that makes sense (fragrance oil).
- Sweet orange : natural orange smell, classic ! (essential oil)
- Tea tree eucalyptus : I can smell both tea tree and eucalyptus, nice smell, more on the medicinal side (essential oils only).

savon 3.jpg

For those of you who want to shave on a budget with a great quality product, I believe Humphrey’s is a great solution. They also have a huge choice of scents (plus other products that I did not try) and a great customer service.

As I’m french, I do apologize if I sometimes make grammar mistakes in my review, but eh nobody is perfect ^^.

Here is my review of the Humphrey’s handmade shaving soap ! :)

I wanted to try a glycerin shaving soap for a while and after some research on internet, and especially on etsy, I finally pulled the trigger on Humphrey’s.

I’ve tried quite a lot of soaps in 4 years of wet shaving, I particulary love Stirling, Tabac, Razorock and Mystic water.

Here is the website : Humphrey's Handmade Beard Oil | Lip Balm | Body Spray | Castile Soap

Each shaving soap is 3,6oz and costs 5$ only ! I bought 2 « mutant » and 1 « lavender ».

View attachment 903031
you can see the 100% natural ingredients !

For those of you living in the US, that really is cheap, unfortunately the shipping cost to France is a little bit high (though not the fault of the seller), but still a great deal for me.

I received the parcel in a week and Joe (or Kelly) sent me 3 samples with my soaps :)

I have used the «mutant» soap for a week now and here is my point of view :

Soap is cheap but does not come in a tub. I melt my 2 Mutant pucks and put them in a large jar, very convenient to work the lather.

View attachment 903034
Here you can see the puck size compared to Razorock soap

I chose this scent because I love lemon scent and also because I wanted essential oil, not fragrance oil. Mutant shaving soap is a blend of lime and lemon essential oils, and for those of you who like citrusy scents, you won’t be disappointed.

It’s fresh, smells natural, present during the shave but not overpowering (not faint either).

Regarding the lather, you need to load the brush a bit longer with glycerin soaps, but the result was great:). The lather is sick and does not dry at all, there is a good glide due to the glycerin and a nice post shave feel. I did not notice any lack or cons and the soap really surprised me in a good way.

This soap is really thirsty, I really need to add a lot of water, much more than a Stirling for example.

I don’t think it’s a bad thing but the soap needs to be worked more than the average on the face (face lathering is a pleasure, so no worries for me)

View attachment 903033
My Omega 599 after my 2 passes. Plenty soap left !

Regarding the other scents that I received, here are my impressions :

- Lavender : smells natural lavender, not synthetic at all (essential oils). I’d say it’s not a bitter scent but more on the sweeter side, well balanced.
- Wendigo : hard to describe, but to me it’s like a sugary pine scent, if that makes sense (fragrance oil).
- Sweet orange : natural orange smell, classic ! (essential oil)
- Tea tree eucalyptus : I can smell both tea tree and eucalyptus, nice smell, more on the medicinal side (essential oils only).

View attachment 903032

For those of you who want to shave on a budget with a great quality product, I believe Humphrey’s is a great solution. They also have a huge choice of scents (plus other products that I did not try) and a great customer service.

As I’m french, I do apologize if I sometimes make grammar mistakes in my review, but eh nobody is perfect ^^.

Great review. Enjoy your soaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got their, "Ronin" soap and its a good one. Like you said, its thirsty and you need to work it a bit but its certainly nothing thats a deal breaker.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for your review of these soaps, I have never heard of them and I enjoy reading about new soaps.

Top Bottom