What's new

My review of Cella Bio (Cella Organic)

Ok - fair enough.

but that teensey plastic “bowl” is kindof lame
Just scoop out some soap into a larger "loading bowl". This soap is easily molded to shape. The main supply stays pristine. I've got two of the green Cella bowls so that should last quite a while. The loading bowl is 90mm diameter.
petg-jar-soap-1.png

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great review. I’m a fan of the red (haven’t tried the brick yet) my misgivings about bio is my tube of cream dried out in a few months to a solid in the tube. I think I tried it once or twice before that. I’ve not had any other cream tube do this.

Great review. I’m a fan of the red (haven’t tried the brick yet) my misgivings about bio is my tube of cream dried out in a few months to a solid in the tube. I think I tried it once or twice before that. I’ve not had any other cream tube do this.
Yeah I hear ya! Many, MANY people have spoken about how there is texturally no difference between tube and tub versions of Cella, its why I say its a croap in the tube and not a cream in the tube. Perhaps try cutting the tube open and scooping it into a bag or free tub? It is really quite good imo, although I can't compare it to red as I said.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
It’s a product that just doesn’t work in a tube, IMO. Just get the tub.
Oh sure. Eventually I will get the tub. But the idea of buying the tub to replace an essentially defective tube does sour me and places the item on the bottom of my list to purchase. I see the bio tub anywhere from $11 plus shipping to $15 shipping included. So it’s not dirt cheap either as sold in the us even compared to other vendors like stirling for example that is 12/13$ for 5.8 oz. all that being said I suppose I harbor some resentment for buying the tube that’s essentially a defective product only to toss it in the trash after about one use.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I got one tube of it and found it had little tiny balls that would not lather up, rather like having tiny couscous in your lather. Whoever I got it from (I forget now) gave me a refund and said to toss it. It's shame you had a bad experience, and I understand your frustration, however, FWIW, the Extra Extra Bio in the tub is one of the shaving world's top-performing products in all respects. It would be a shame to not experience it. I do think it's kind of dumb on Cella's part to market it in a tube, because this happens. It should only come in tubs, IMNSHO.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I got one tube of it and found it had little tiny balls that would not lather up, rather like having tiny couscous in your lather. Whoever I got it from (I forget now) gave me a refund and said to toss it. It's shame you had a bad experience, and I understand your frustration, however, FWIW, the Extra Extra Bio in the tub is one of the shaving world's top-performing products in all respects. It would be a shame to not experience it. I do think it's kind of dumb on Cella's part to market it in a tube, because this happens. It should only come in tubs, IMNSHO.
Maybe the balls were the early stages of the product drying out lol
And we all know I’ll eventually buy it 🤣but I’m not going out of my way to do it … yet. I wasn’t buying more soaps anyway until I did. 😇

Gentlemen, thank you for the reviews. I already have this soap and really like it. Right now there's a sale and I want to get extra 2-3 tubs for my stock. I wonder what's the shelf life for this product. I have a few soaps in my rotation so it might take a few years before I can consume all this soap. Would it be sensible to stock up on this or not? Many thanks.

Gentlemen, thank you for the reviews. I already have this soap and really like it. Right now there's a sale and I want to get extra 2-3 tubs for my stock. I wonder what's the shelf life for this product. I have a few soaps in my rotation so it might take a few years before I can consume all this soap. Would it be sensible to stock up on this or not? Many thanks.
I couldn't say really, but I know Cella red does go rancid. Probably the lack of preservatives etc. I tend to stick to products and use them daily so I can't comment on shelf life, but I think a year or two is probably not unreasonable. I mean its not like the tub I got was fresh out of the production line. I guess is the deal worth it that you need to stock up so heavily in advance?

I couldn't say really, but I know Cella red does go rancid. Probably the lack of preservatives etc. I tend to stick to products and use them daily so I can't comment on shelf life, but I think a year or two is probably not unreasonable. I mean its not like the tub I got was fresh out of the production line. I guess is the deal worth it that you need to stock up so heavily in advance?
Thank you for sharing. I got one for my dad on father's day and didn't get any for myself. In the end, I think it was a good decision. I have tons of soap sitting around anyway. I need to be content and finish what I have. I promised myself I won't get any more soap until I'm done with what I have. It will take years to do that. Maybe I should switch to boar brushes (SOC etc.) exclusively to accelerate my rate of consumption lol.

[...]Maybe I should switch to boar brushes (SOC etc.) exclusively to accelerate my rate of consumption lol.
Solid plan to avoid excessive soap purchases. Feeding several hungry boars would make this even more efficient. You would need to hang on and even purchase other brush types to service the needs of science, however.

+1 on admiration for cella bio

Thank you for sharing. I got one for my dad on father's day and didn't get any for myself. In the end, I think it was a good decision. I have tons of soap sitting around anyway. I need to be content and finish what I have. I promised myself I won't get any more soap until I'm done with what I have. It will take years to do that. Maybe I should switch to boar brushes (SOC etc.) exclusively to accelerate my rate of consumption lol.
Even I'm falling into the trap of overbuying. I try not to have anymore than 3 in the rotation but the deals right now are so hard to ignore. I always have to tell myself that these things last for months and don't work out to expensive enough per shave to stock up. Especially since I'd probably be getting to them towards the end of the year! (Would snap up a deal on SV or MdC rose though) as they've been on my to buy list for a while.

Thank you very much my Western Island friend for the fantastic review. I come from New Zealand for those that need explaining. Wow, oh wow. I came onto the forum, and did my due diligence homework after re exploring de shaving once again. Electric shavers got sold off cheap and cartridges retired to the bathroom vanity cupboard where they can live forever. I came across the mystery man of Cella and all his knowledge, Marco, and thought, "yes, this gentleman knows what he is talking about" so get and try this stuff. I"m not even going to explore all the many varieties and brands of soaps, croaps and creams. Cella Extra extra Bio is just so incredibly awesome for ease of use, lathering up in a bowl for me, application, slickness and smoothness, I will just stick with it. I also like the Alexander Simpson, ultra glide shave cream in the lime and lemongrass. it too is really great and love the fragrance very much. Proraso white cream tube is another in my rotation but is middle of the road in performance to the other two creams. The Cella extra extra bio after shave balm is also a fantastic product sinking immediately into the freshly shaven skin and soothing as well as refreshing and revitalizing the skin. I'm sold on these wonderful Cella products, Thanks to the two gents mentioned.

it's the type of product, where if it was packaged in a heavy, larger glass jar with aluminum screw-top lid,
folks would rave about it even more, and likely even gladly pay a nominal price increase for such an upgrade.
(same goes for Ach. Brito Mogno)
And if it came from Romania made by a 100 year old barber who made it by hand with his seven daughters in his farmhouse, there would be a three year waiting list 😂

Great review! This has quickly become one of my very favorite creams.

The lid was cross-threading on me, so it lives in a different tub now. Not a prettier tub, just a bigger one.

Top Bottom