What's new

My review of Cella Bio (Cella Organic)

Ok - fair enough.

but that teensey plastic “bowl” is kindof lame
Just scoop out some soap into a larger "loading bowl". This soap is easily molded to shape. The main supply stays pristine. I've got two of the green Cella bowls so that should last quite a while. The loading bowl is 90mm diameter.
petg-jar-soap-1.png

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great review. I’m a fan of the red (haven’t tried the brick yet) my misgivings about bio is my tube of cream dried out in a few months to a solid in the tube. I think I tried it once or twice before that. I’ve not had any other cream tube do this.

Great review. I’m a fan of the red (haven’t tried the brick yet) my misgivings about bio is my tube of cream dried out in a few months to a solid in the tube. I think I tried it once or twice before that. I’ve not had any other cream tube do this.
Yeah I hear ya! Many, MANY people have spoken about how there is texturally no difference between tube and tub versions of Cella, its why I say its a croap in the tube and not a cream in the tube. Perhaps try cutting the tube open and scooping it into a bag or free tub? It is really quite good imo, although I can't compare it to red as I said.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
It’s a product that just doesn’t work in a tube, IMO. Just get the tub.
Oh sure. Eventually I will get the tub. But the idea of buying the tub to replace an essentially defective tube does sour me and places the item on the bottom of my list to purchase. I see the bio tub anywhere from $11 plus shipping to $15 shipping included. So it’s not dirt cheap either as sold in the us even compared to other vendors like stirling for example that is 12/13$ for 5.8 oz. all that being said I suppose I harbor some resentment for buying the tube that’s essentially a defective product only to toss it in the trash after about one use.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I got one tube of it and found it had little tiny balls that would not lather up, rather like having tiny couscous in your lather. Whoever I got it from (I forget now) gave me a refund and said to toss it. It's shame you had a bad experience, and I understand your frustration, however, FWIW, the Extra Extra Bio in the tub is one of the shaving world's top-performing products in all respects. It would be a shame to not experience it. I do think it's kind of dumb on Cella's part to market it in a tube, because this happens. It should only come in tubs, IMNSHO.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I got one tube of it and found it had little tiny balls that would not lather up, rather like having tiny couscous in your lather. Whoever I got it from (I forget now) gave me a refund and said to toss it. It's shame you had a bad experience, and I understand your frustration, however, FWIW, the Extra Extra Bio in the tub is one of the shaving world's top-performing products in all respects. It would be a shame to not experience it. I do think it's kind of dumb on Cella's part to market it in a tube, because this happens. It should only come in tubs, IMNSHO.
Maybe the balls were the early stages of the product drying out lol
And we all know I’ll eventually buy it 🤣but I’m not going out of my way to do it … yet. I wasn’t buying more soaps anyway until I did. 😇

Top Bottom