What's new

My review and thoughts on Speick Mens AS

I like this aftershave, its not to full on, and I think it smells quite classy, my other half would argue against that though ☺️
I hate to ask, but what does your other half say about this aftershave? I'm considering ordering a bottle. "Wife approval," however, is an important consideration.

It is a clean fresh note, dominated by lavender. If the scent is not 100 % to your liking, don't worry it lasts for something like 30 minutes or less. It is in the skin care department where the Speick AS splash really shines for me. It is the only alcohol based AS product I can use year round, even in the winter, when my skin is dry.

Interesting! I figured the sorbitol and mannitol glucose were preservatives not humectants. I'll have to give Myrsol a try at some point. Thanks for the suggestion! (on a side note, is it possible to absorb the glucose through the skin? I'd be interested to see if extreme diabetics who are very sensitive to sugar react to it in the splash)

The answer is no. Excellent aftershave in every way and inexpensive.

I hate to ask, but what does your other half say about this aftershave? I'm considering ordering a bottle. "Wife approval," however, is an important consideration.
I personally really like the scent, which only lasts a few minutes. It's lavender and citrus plus the speick plant extract. Some people think it is an "old man" scent. I've also heard "medicinal". Someone might have mentioned WWII German submarine captains.

I can't image anything associated with submarines as smelling good... :p
Don't worry, Speick aftershave does not contain diesel oil or stale sweat. Supposedly, WWII German submariners used to apply a lot of 4711 cologne to compensate (unsuccessfully).

Maybe the captain was up on the bridge in the fresh air.

Hey everyone, I finally got around to picking up some Speick Mens (original) AS Lotion. Its up there on my list as an excellent splash and is quite similar in formulation and performance as Proraso's splashes. To me I would rate it as an excellent splash.

Overall, an excellent product that everyone should try (assuming you don't hate lavender scents or things made in Germany)
I just wanted to say a quick thank you to SydneyShaver and the others who commended on Speick AS lotion. Based on those comments I included a bottle in an order that I recently placed from an online vendor. I have used the Speick twice so far, and have been very happy. I found the scent to be light and fresh - rather pleasant on the whole. Perhaps even more importantly it helped me face to feel nice and comfortable after shaving.

Top Bottom