What's new

My return to the Fusion

So, I hadn't touched my Fusion in over a year, doing nothing but DE shaving during that time other than using some cheap (and awful) plastic disposables on the road. On this trip, I took the Fusion and a fresh cartridge along with a tube of PSC cream and my Semogue boar's hair brush. Well, with two days' stubble, one quick atg pass left me absolutely BBS everywhere. As for the lack of irritation, it felt like I was shaving someone else's face. Since adopting the DE hobby, I've carefully mapped my face, use soaps and creams that are vastly better than the cans I formerly used, and generally do a much better job of shaving, and I think all that has made a difference. One odd drawback: The Fusion handle seems clumsy, overlarge and hard to manipulate after using small and nimble razors like the Merkur 34C and the Old Type. Gillette wants you to hold it one way and it's hard to hold any other way. I wonder if anyone else has had similar experiences after returning to the Fusion.

I have had a similar experience but with the Mach-3. DE taught me how to shave properly, but now I'm also experimenting with an electric razor. It is a fun process trying different things.

Good luck to you - do what works for you and all is good!

I try the DE on my face for about two years, and I like to make a first pass WTG with R41 if I have a two-three day stubble, but nothing gives me BBS easier and faster with less irritation than the Gillette Fusion Proglide Flexball Power along with all the wetshaving technique of course.
As for the handle I see no need to hold it in any other way due to floating and rotating head (cart).

Y'all might take a look at the Muhle, Fusion, travel razor. It sizes out about the same as a 34C. They're not cheap, but are quality pieces which are good for a very long time.
Ron

You're right, Mozart. I had similar experiences, albeit with a Mach3.

Proper skin prep, better techniques and high-quality shaving soap make so much more of a difference than the razor itself.
If it weren't for the Schick Injector, I'd be on the Mach3 full-time, I think. The Injector is as easy and close-shaving as a cart, I think.

Top Bottom