What's new

My replacement for Tabac

I only started using Tabac (tallow) after having tried other soaps. I can see why it is so well loved! Though it's not my first love, I have also come to love it (enough to order a couple extra pucks of the tallow formula). I don't understand why Maurer Wirtz changed the formula* from something that worked so well. I wonder if it is a matter of EU regulations or if Maurer Wirtz was making a cost-conscious decision.
🙂
The base of the soap for Tabac, Fine Accoutrements and Speick were (seem to be) supplied by same factory and the phasing out of Tallow is an ongoing trend in Europe.

They (European Soap makers) make some great vegan products as well so I way they aren't losing out on anything.

I have procured some Tabac soap refills and sticks which will last for years, it goofed up my plants for October sale and GRUME but it was a once in a decade kind if purchasing.

I personally have no issues with vegan or vegetal soaps as long as they provide me with hood slickness, protection and leave the skin relatively happy.

TFS Intense Line soaps are some good soaps in vegetal base and are the only ones I'll repurchase.

I think comparing the Newly reformulated Tabac with previous versions is totally unfair as not only the ingredients are altered but the base has lost it's one of the main ingredients, so in a way it is a totally new soap with just the name of soap and packaging unchanged.

We should compare it to the likes of similar soaps and not with tallow soaps as they seem to have different approach and end result of lather is also somewhat different, at least IME.

The base of the soap for Tabac, Fine Accoutrements and Speick were (seem to be) supplied by same factory and the phasing out of Tallow is an ongoing trend in Europe.

They (European Soap makers) make some great vegan products as well so I way they aren't losing out on anything.

I have procured some Tabac soap refills and sticks which will last for years, it goofed up my plants for October sale and GRUME but it was a once in a decade kind if purchasing.

I personally have no issues with vegan or vegetal soaps as long as they provide me with hood slickness, protection and leave the skin relatively happy.

TFS Intense Line soaps are some good soaps in vegetal base and are the only ones I'll repurchase.

I think comparing the Newly reformulated Tabac with previous versions is totally unfair as not only the ingredients are altered but the base has lost it's one of the main ingredients, so in a way it is a totally new soap with just the name of soap and packaging unchanged.

We should compare it to the likes of similar soaps and not with tallow soaps as they seem to have different approach and end result of lather is also somewhat different, at least IME.
TOBS Sandalwood is one of the first soaps I loved. It lathers well for me, but others have reported difficulties getting a lather. I've never tried TFS Intense, so can't say how the two compare. But IMHO, TOBS soap is worth trying.

Don't get me wrong, I like Tabac, but it can be a bit much sometimes in the fragrance department.

I thought that when I bought my first stick of Tabac. Now, about a year later, the intense old-fashioned women's perfume element of the scent has died away and it's one of my favourite smelling soaps. A darker kind of autumn/winter scent.

TABAC has always been my favorite. I used up my last puck. I'm now switching through all my (5 or 6) other products. As I do so, I find I'm less picky about the soaps and more picky about getting the lather mix right. My two favs now are Jack Black "Triple Cushion Shave cream" and the cream that 'Supply Company' makes.

I’m glad I stocked up on the tallow Tabac as it has always given me good performance. I can’t think of of any soap that’s exactly the same….so there is no substitute.

I was thinking of trying What the Puck from Razorock as a replacement. It's pretty darn cheap--but it seems people get decent results. Anyway, I've got time--my current Tabac probably still has 75% left (and it's part of a rotation, I don't use it daily).

Top Bottom