What's new

My recent three projects

The big one is a Whipped Dog handle with a DS Cosmetics 30mm knot set at 68mm loft. It is for my lady. I ordered a 30mm X 80mm Finest knot. It measured in at about 77mm to 78mm. Also it looks and acts more like a Silvertip. I'm not at all unhappy with it as it has ample backbone and is very soft. I think she will very much enjoy it. If she doesn't she can use any other brush in my collection whenever she wants.

The middle brush is a beautiful faux horn from AliExpress. I have forgotten the vendor. Minimum order quantity was nine so I'm slowly going through them. The knot is an ACE 21mm Finest set at 55mm loft. It has more backbone than most Finest knots and makes a perfect brush for an Old Spice mug.

The little on has a Frank Shaving handle with a Frank Shaving 16mm Synthitic knot. There was a time I could get Frank Shaving to sell me those little handles when I could catch him in a good mood. He took down the web site so I no longer have that source. It is the last one I have. I think I have gone through eight or ten of them, making travel brushes for myself and friends. The nicest ones used TGN Finest knots. This one doesn't do much for me. It is too stiff and doesn't seem to lather nearly as nice as my larger Maggards Black and White Synthetics. I fear that I may have wasted my last little handle. I have not found any other 16mm Synthetic knots.

Both of the Badger knots had a bit of Badger Stink. The 21mm knot took a bit more effort to get clean. Both Badgers lather very well. The big one needs a very big mug.

20200819_201353[2].jpg

20200816_102846[1].jpg

20200816_103003[1].jpg

Top Bottom