What's new

My razor collection

I have been trying for a couple weeks to get a photo of my collection but my problem is how it's shown. It's on the middle shelf of my china cabinet in the dining room. The shelf is long and narrow and has four doors. Anyway this is what I have, at least 80% of it. What you don't see on each end are the adjustables and some super speeds that go into the '60's.
View attachment 60277

I started my collection by getting every super speed and the proper case from 1947 to 1960. I have pretty much done that with the exception of the 1954 TV special.
But my love now is the open combs starting with the 1906 Script single ring, the pocket Old Types, the New Improved New Standard, Big Fellow, Bostonian, Richwood, Tuckaways, The New versions and then into the Senator, Sheraton, and the 1934 Aristocrats.
What I need now is a better way to display them.

Len

Very nice display of a great collection of razors, Len. Looks like you're going to need to take over another shelf soon!

:cool:

Very nice display of a great collection of razors, Len. Looks like you're going to need to take over another shelf soon!

:cool:

Thanks Randy. The problem with that is the other two shelves are pretty full with my camera collection. The only thing I don't collect is shelf space. :frown:

Len

Very nice Len! How long have you been collecting? We have a lot of the same razors. I started with adjustables and superspeeds and now I have a thing for older Gillettes with interesting cases. These include Bostonians, Richwoods, single rings, Tuckaways, Norfolks, Big Fellows, New Standards, etc. I need a display cabinet too!

That's a nice spread o' razors you have there sir! :biggrin: You've inspired me to hit the antique/thrift stores tomorrow and see what I can dig up. :tongue:

Very nice Len! How long have you been collecting? We have a lot of the same razors. I started with adjustables and superspeeds and now I have a thing for older Gillettes with interesting cases. These include Bostonians, Richwoods, single rings, Tuckaways, Norfolks, Big Fellows, New Standards, etc. I need a display cabinet too!

I've only been collecting for a little over four months. But I find once I start collecting anything I become passionate at it. It sounds like we've taken the same course. It was easy to start with the Super Speeds but then I had too many as I would buy a set just to get the right case even if the razor was poor. But now the older razors with nice cases are my goal as well. But they are difficult to find. I would love a double ring or a Bulldog, but I never see them for sale. But I enjoy looking. It's a fun hobby.

Len

Len,

That is a great collection you have there! Thanks for sharing that with us. You have many more cased than I do, looks like I have some catching up to do! :wink:

I started my collection by getting every super speed and the proper case from 1947 to 1960. I have pretty much done that with the exception of the 1954 TV special.

Len

I can't believe it. I just scored the 1954 TV Special with the correct blue case. It's the '40's style SS razor but with the Z3 date code. Perfect. It was just listed on the bay this morning as a Buy It Now. I didn't think twice. This is the first one I've ever seen for sale.

Len

Top Bottom