What's new

My razor collection display

I assembled my own razor display case:

full

full

Top row, L to R: 1906 OLD type (read this post for the acquisition story); 1909 Gillette pocket edition by the American Button Company (ABC), the year one of my great-grandfathers turned 18; Gillette Goodwill from ca. 1931, the year both of my grandfathers turned 18.

Middle row, L to R: Gillette NEW type; black handle gold Gillette Tech ca. 1942; gold Gillette Tech from ca. 1946-50.

Bottom row, L to R: 1958 Gillette Super Speed, the year my dad turned 18 and graduated from high school; 1962 slim Adjustable, my birth quarter and year razor; and a 1980 Super Adjustable “Black Beauty,” the year I turned 18 and graduated from high school.

I created this display case inspired by @brandaves in this post.

I purchased a Jewelry Travel Showcase from Amazon.com, along with two velvet pad tray inserts.

I measured and marked with white-out where I wanted to attach each razor to one of the tray inserts. (The extra tray insert was in case I goofed, as is my wont; fortunately, I didn’t goof so the extra tray insert will serve as a background for my close-up photos.)

I drilled two small holes at each attachment point.

I secured each razor with monofilament using an improved clinch knot. Then I trimmed the ends.

To mount the case I simply drilled a couple of pilot holes through the back of the box and nailed it right into the drywall. I then leaned the tray insert with the razors mounted against the back of the case, closed it, and latched it.

Last edited:

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Well done my friend, thanks for the homage!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Really nice. I always like it when I am able to put something together myself and it works out well. I am looking for ideas myself on a display/ storage shelf for my shavers in the bathroom. My patient wife is not so enthusiastic.

This is sweet, great job. I love the shadow box idea. Does this hang in your shave den?

My wife actually liked the finished product so it hangs in our bedroom. But recently she's been talking about moving it to a more public part of the house.

Top Bottom