What's new

My quest may be over

I've spent a lot of time using quite a few razors. Various Gillettes, Merkurs, Hoffritz
Muhle, Rockwell 6S and Still trying out a Karve Christopher Bradley. These 2 80+
year old Gillettes shave closer than any of the others I've tried except the Muhle
R41 which can shave about as close without being nearly as smooth as the 2 Gillettes.
The Gillette New De Luxe and Gillette New Short comb. I can't see spending hundreds
of dollars trying to match these 2 razors when I don't think anything can surpass them.
IMG_3345.jpg

I've spent a lot of time using quite a few razors. Various Gillettes, Merkurs, Hoffritz
Muhle, Rockwell 6S and Still trying out a Karve Christopher Bradley. These 2 80+
year old Gillettes shave closer than any of the others I've tried except the Muhle
R41 which can shave about as close without being nearly as smooth as the 2 Gillettes.
The Gillette New De Luxe and Gillette New Short comb. I can't see spending hundreds
of dollars trying to match these 2 razors when I don't think anything can surpass them.
View attachment 1586922
Glad you found what works great for you

I don’t have the short comb (yet), but if the NEW Deluxe shaves anything like the NEW Improved it is an amazing shaver!

Glad you found very nice conditioned razors!

Enjoy!

Guido

Iridian

Cool and slimy
And I say, you gotta try some Wolfman heads or clones if you haven't already.

Granted, on your journey you will try a lot of razors that won't come close to your current favorites. And it can be staggeringly expensive.

When I think razors are just too damn expensive these days, I just buy a knife or flashlight or a new scratching tree for my cats.

Good for you. I preferred the OverLander to the CB in part because it gives me a terrific shave in two passes with a bit of buffing.

Most B&B guys and gals would be perfectly happy shaving w vintage Gillettes and Schick injectors. They’re out there in abundance and are way less expensive than most of the products promoted on this site. And they’ll last several lifetimes. It’s a no-brainer.

Top Bottom