What's new

My puzzling experience with Simpsons T2

Hi guys, I feel like sharing my experience and maybe getting some advice. I bought a T2 several months ago after I got tired of the Proraso professional boar brush eating half of my soap to get a 3 pass shave. For reference, I almost exclusively use ARKO soap, rarely Proraso.

Initially, I liked the T2. I still love the fact that you don't need to load more than 20 seconds, it doesn't eat the lather.
But slowly I started getting annoyed by two things:

first one is the later constantly going down the brush as I'm painting it on and ending up on my fingers. It is so incredibly annoying. And it's not like the lather itself is runny, I'm under the impression that half of the lather ends up on my fingers and I constantly have to roll the brush to get the lather from the bottom.

secondly, it just doesn't want to share the lather with my face. no matter how gently and carefully I paint the lather on, it's always a thin coating. And instead of on my face, it ends up on my fingers or on the handle, most of it doesn't stay on my face. Afterwards, I squeeze the brush to get the lather out and it turns out there's plenty left, but I feel it's hard to get it to stay on my face.

For what's it's worth, I don't think the lather is the problem, it has nice peaks and I like it. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Hi guys, I feel like sharing my experience and maybe getting some advice. I bought a T2 several months ago after I got tired of the Proraso professional boar brush eating half of my soap to get a 3 pass shave. For reference, I almost exclusively use ARKO soap, rarely Proraso.

Initially, I liked the T2. I still love the fact that you don't need to load more than 20 seconds, it doesn't eat the lather.
But slowly I started getting annoyed by two things:

first one is the later constantly going down the brush as I'm painting it on and ending up on my fingers. It is so incredibly annoying. And it's not like the lather itself is runny, I'm under the impression that half of the lather ends up on my fingers and I constantly have to roll the brush to get the lather from the bottom.

secondly, it just doesn't want to share the lather with my face. no matter how gently and carefully I paint the lather on, it's always a thin coating. And instead of on my face, it ends up on my fingers or on the handle, most of it doesn't stay on my face. Afterwards, I squeeze the brush to get the lather out and it turns out there's plenty left, but I feel it's hard to get it to stay on my face.

For what's it's worth, I don't think the lather is the problem, it has nice peaks and I like it. Am I doing something wrong?
You may want to start to play a bit with your water/soap ratio. Thin lather means not too much soap, and/or too much water. Also lather running down the handle might be an indicator of too much water. Work your lather more....
What hair grade is this?? I have two T3's, one in Super and one in Manchurian, both working just fine.

You may want to start to play a bit with your water/soap ratio. Thin lather means not too much soap, and/or too much water. Also lather running down the handle might be an indicator of too much water. Work your lather more....
What hair grade is this?? I have two T3's, one in Super and one in Manchurian, both working just fine.
I'm guessing that the OP is referring to a Trafalgar 3 when he says T3 and you are referring to a Tulip 3.

Top Bottom