What's new

My prized recipe for you guys

Hey all,

I've been cooking professionally for a little over 14 years now and I'd like to share a recipe with you that I developed for the better half of that time.

Yojimbo's Sausage Gravy:
1lb ground pork sausage
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp rubbed sage
2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
Whole Milk

First, brown the sausage in a large, minimum 2-inch deep frying pan. Break it up as small as you can (or are willing to!). Season with the sage and crush red pepper.
Once the sausage is browned and seasoned, add the flour. Mix as evenly as possible. Now add milk until you can just see the sausage poke through the milk. Add Montreal seasoning.
Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a medium boil, stirring constantly.

Now here's the tricky part, stop JUST SHY of the desired consistency. When you feel it's about to be just right, remove the pan from heat. The gravy will continue to thicken on its own.

Feel free to tweak this as you see fit and as usual, YMMV.

A professional cook, I hope you keep coming back.
Sausage gravy is worth the heart attack. Whip up a batch of gravy and you have perfection. Just need to put the Tabasco sauce on the table.
Thanks for sharing.

I love feedback too! So if you give it a whirl and try something different, let me know. I'm totally open to new ideas

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The recipe is very Southern in origin but has a wonderfully simple Northern twist. I've made this recipe before but without the Montreal spices or the sage.

Now we've got to see this gravy in action....please.:001_smile

Top Bottom