What's new

My Pre-War Tech inspires confidence.

I hadn't shaved with my Tech in a while so tonight I brought it out and placed a shim between the base plate and a feather .If it doesn't shave as close as my old or new types it's pretty darn close. The thing about the Tech is I can zip pretty quick through a shave and not have to worry about weepers or razor burns. My older more aggressive razors I have to go slowly and carefully to get a close shave.

I hadn't shaved with my Tech in a while so tonight I brought it out and placed a shim between the base plate and a feather .If it doesn't shave as close as my old or new types it's pretty darn close. The thing about the Tech is I can zip pretty quick through a shave and not have to worry about weepers or razor burns. My older more aggressive razors I have to go slowly and carefully to get a close shave.

+1 absolutely, my Tech just breezes through, I for one definitely don't need shims. Most of the older razors are just too darn aggressive for me - the NEW, the OLD, earlier Aristocrats, a Pomco slant... I have bought several gorgeous razors that just don't seem to agree with me :crying:. Whereas the Tech, or Super-Speeds and Adjustables, just work. So I may be just call it quits on the older models and sell some of them off. And focus on proved mild shavers...

Many who have used a Feather AS D2 and a post war tech say they give similar results. Of course one is $150 more expensive. Pre war is a bit more aggressive?

@Macfrommichigan the pre war model is indeed a tad more aggressive and one of the best razors ever made in my opinion. I believe the Canadian and Brittish pre war versions have a larger blade gap than the US version. I have the Canadian pre war tech and it is one of my favorites.

I just finished a shave with my grandfather's pre war Fat Handle Tech. I have been using it off and on for the last 6 years and the more I use it the better it shaves.

Inspired confidence in me too this morning. Just acquired a very nice, clean, shiny pre war Tech, & I was pleasantly surprised! Great shaver-no nicks, cuts, weepers, creepers, or irritation.

Top Bottom