What's new

My Popcorn is almost ready (Another Wolf Whiskers Creation)

A couple days ago, I read as most of you, that Peter at Wolf Whiskers was being deployed and would be taking a hiatus from brush making. I really have been impressed with the work Peter has been turning out and I knew that I would eventually contact him about a brush. Also, I currently have 2 brushes on order from Rudy Vey and really wasn't in the market for another custom, but with the news of his return to service, I decided not to wait and get my order in before he left.

This morning Peter sent me some in-progress pictures and was gracious enough to let me share them with the group.
$DSC01049.jpg$DSC01050.jpg$DSC01051.jpg$DSC01052.jpg$DSC01053.jpg

The material is called Popcorn and I went with the "Bob" handle style. The knot is a 24mm TGN finest F2 and will be set at ~49-50mm of loft.

I think it looks fantastic and can't wait to try it. For those on the fence about ordering a custom, Peter is an outstanding person to work with. Unfortunately, you may have to wait until he returns from his deployment, but it'll be worth the wait.

Also, I want to personally thank Peter for his service and wish him a safe and speedy return.

Mesmerizing, and photo's just can't capture the depth and true beauty of those colors, you will be very happy with this one.

I'd like to echo everything you've said about Peter, truly a great person to work with.

The Bob brush is my favorite of Peter's designs, and I always enjoy the color combinations he puts together when he pours his rods. Congratulations on a beautiful brush. I have one in faux ivory and am very pleased with it.

He's an amazing craftsman, but he seems to even be a better person. He was very helpful in putting together my order and was also very responsive to my questions. I can't say enough good things about Peter and his process. I'm pretty sure his deployment will be just the right length of time for me to get myself talked into another of his custom brushes. :001_cool:

Ok, I'm so excited. I have brush in hand and it's beautiful. Peter did a wonderful job and his turn-around was fantastically fast.

Here she is just out of the box:

$DSC_4932.jpg

Here she is with one of her new sisters (New Forrest 2401):

$DSC_4933.jpg

Here she is go for her first swim:

$DSC_4937.jpg$DSC_4942.jpg$DSC_4945.jpg

Thanks Peter, you outdid yourself...again. I can't wait to put the brush through its paces.

That's a handsome brush, I love the TGN Finest F2 knots. I would be damn proud to have that brush in my rotation, congrats Steve.

Top Bottom