What's new

My Plastic Proraso Shaving Mug arrived from the U.K.

I have no problem rinsing it out with 120 F tap water. I would not put it in a dishwasher though.
Sir, how has this plastic mug been holding up so far considering you rinse it with hot water? Can it be used to soak the brush with hot water inside it? and how will it hold up over time?
Thanks you sir.

Sir, how has this plastic mug been holding up so far considering you rinse it with hot water? Can it be used to soak the brush with hot water inside it? and how will it hold up over time?
Thanks you sir.
Well it's made of polypropylene so keep your water temperature below 320°F (160°C) and you should be fine.

Thanks you sir.

I use it every day for soak the brush since February 2020, it is still perfect (except for the internal walls that I ruined by filing the fins with sandpaper and now it is ugly but works)

i have one of those mugs,i take proraso out of the plastic container and put it all in the mug,its much better than lathering out of the container and the lid off the soap fits into the mug to keep dust out.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I bought one of these a while ago to use as a brush soak and also to get water from as I shave, its nice, but the base is a little wide for me and causes the brush to turn on its side too much. I now use a slimmer plastic mug

I think this is a winner of a mug, however I don't have one, you can score them online for cheap and they plentiful, I might just have to pull the trigger on one in the future.

I'd like to know how you can transfer the "puck" of proraso green to this mug. Everytime I have gotten a container of proraso green the soap was pretty well stuck in the container. I've never had a problem lathering it in the container it comes in either.

I think this is a winner of a mug, however I don't have one, you can score them online for cheap and they plentiful, I might just have to pull the trigger on one in the future.

I'd like to know how you can transfer the "puck" of proraso green to this mug. Everytime I have gotten a container of proraso green the soap was pretty well stuck in the container. I've never had a problem lathering it in the container it comes in either.
You can just scoop it out and pack it in the new container. I use a piece of plastic wrap or wax paper to smooth it out and to keep it from sticking to my fingers. Good luck...

love my proraso mug! i use it mostly for creams! but it's also a nice lather bowl for any soap! best ever mug/lather bowl!!

proraso green truefitt hill feather january 2 2018.jpg

Top Bottom