What's new

My Pelikan had a baby.

Hello Gents,

I was perusing the local online auction house and came across a nice Pelikan and some other junkers for a very decent price. I happily paid for them and they where promptly posted to me. When they arrived the gentleman had decided the best way to post them was to collect all 9 pens up and duct tape them all together :angry::thumbdown. Luckily for me the Pelkian (the only one I really wanted) was in the middle and was left relatively unscathed. A couple of the other pens had been ruined as the tape had ripped off some finish and made them ugly. I sent the gentleman an E-mail letting him know what had happened and that maybe next time duct tape shouldn't be used to keep pens together. I received a message back from him informing me that no one has ever complained about his postage method and that maybe I am being a little over sensitive to some 'old pens' :cursing: He then finished his E-mail by telling me he had refunded me the full amount. Although that was not what I was after I definitely left it at that.

So in the end I have managed to score a really nice Pelikan to go along with my other M205. Now I assumed that it was an M205 but it looks a little different, both Pelikans I bought had just been sold second hand as 'Pelikan' so I now have no idea what I have. So my Pelikan loving friends please tell me what I have :w00t:

Again thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Lexbomb $Good1.jpg$Good2.jpg$Good3.jpg

that sucks to bad about those pens that got ruined.

Dimensions are the same on both? other than the logo? maybe same pen just different age. But I won't make empty guesses :) Will leave the ID to the experts.

Great pens .. what nib sizes they got? :thumbup1:

Thanks guys. They are a little different if you look close. Apart from the logo being different one has two gold rings on the cap and nothing around the piston. The other has a solid gold ring on the cap and a gold ring around the piston. They are both Medium nibs but one is very wet and a little flexible. I was really hoping for a fine or an italic but beggars can't be choosers :)

Also the colors look almost the same in the pictures but are completely different side by side. I forgot to take a side by side shot and I am happy to do so at someone's request.

Last edited:
do it! :) moar eye candy :)) un-capped as well? is it grayish? or does it have hints of green? It is a lovely swirl look.

yeah from what I saw the one on the right cap is like the 215 model .. but sure someone else will make a 100% positive ID for you not just guess like me hehe :)

According to the Pelikan Pen UK site it was manufactured after 1962 but before 2003, assuming it is on the right of the two in the second picture.
Not much help but a starting point perhaps, until more experienced peoples come along.

my shot at google-fu :) M200 gray (or silver) marble .. the one on top - old style (rounded top two bands at cap and no band at knob) .. and new style with the flat top one band at cap and one at knob .. woo :001_rolle

Two very nice pens. Congrats on your new purchase! The single cap band bird looks to be a 1997-2003 blue marbled M200. Your new pen is a Pre-'97 grey marbled (silver pearls) M200. These came in grey, green, and blue marbling made in both pre and post-'97 variants. I think the green is the only one still in current production. In 1997, the design changed from a "derby" cap top to the beveled one. Also the cap band was reduced to a single gold band and a trim ring was added at the piston knob. These are pre-2003 because that's when the nest was reduced to just one chick. Enjoy them.

they both appear to be 200's from different eras, unless of course one or both has a 14k nib. a 14k nib would make the pen a 250. (on information and belief)

According to the Pelikan Pen UK site it was manufactured after 1962 but before 2003, assuming it is on the right of the two in the second picture.
Not much help but a starting point perhaps, until more experienced peoples come along.
I think you could be on the money my wise googleing friend:a14:. Both mine have two little babies so I guess I am somewhere in the 40 years between the 60's and the 00's. Now I am wondering...what happened to the second baby pelican? I hope he's ok!:tongue_sm

Last edited:
I think you could be on the money my wise googleing friend:a14:. Both mine have two little babies so I guess I am somewhere in the 40 years between the 60's and the 00's. Now I am wondering...what happened to the second baby pelican? I hope he's ok!:tongue_sm

Turning 40 it was time for him to leave the nest :lol:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nice score, they do tend to multiply. :huh:

Now I am wondering...what happened to the second baby pelican? I hope he's ok!:tongue_sm

There used to be four chicks. They tend to grow up and finally leave the nest.

Top Bottom