What's new

My other Journal Page is about Fatips.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My other Journal Page is about Fatips. This one is not.

1618857695970.png

I believe you, Rave, but some things are totally impossible.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1618917343025.png

Just catching up on this thread.
  • That's the house!
  • It would be the perfect place to recover from lipoma removal.
  • It has room for storing most anyone's Fatip collection albeit not necessarily Rave's.
  • I may have missed the lipoma surgery news. It's probably the world's easiest surgery. In surgical training programs interns do a lot of lipoma removals. Lipomas can be quite aggravating. I'm glad yours is gone, Rave. Billiard ball size? I'd name that one "Nothing."
I have a new game. Count the times Rave mentions Fatips in this thread. The winner gets the house.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
View attachment 1254228

Just catching up on this thread.
  • That's the house!
  • It would be the perfect place to recover from lipoma removal.
  • It has room for storing most anyone's Fatip collection albeit not necessarily Rave's.
  • I may have missed the lipoma surgery news. It's probably the world's easiest surgery. In surgical training programs interns do a lot of lipoma removals. Lipomas can be quite aggravating. I'm glad yours is gone, Rave. Billiard ball size? I'd name that one "Nothing."
I have a new game. Count the times Rave mentions Fatips in this thread. The winner gets the house.

Happy shaves,

Jim
:blink:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Baili Victory 176
Blade: Silver Star (1)
Brush: Omega S10077
Soap: LEA Menthol
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave (Splash)
038_22.jpg

I was sorely tempted to use my new Fatip Piccolo Cr today. I didn't, but it got me to thinking. The current kit I'm using wouldn't be the current kit if some items were removed. The more items I removed the less it would be my current kit. That got me to thinking about the three piece Baili Victory 176 razor. If I removed the handle, the handle by itself is the least useful item that makes up the razor. Attach the handle and its usefulness grows quite considerably. A bit of logic brought to you courtesy of Rave. Oh, my shave with a fresh Silver Star was smooth, comfortable, and very enjoyable.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Raven Koenes, Marked Safe From Roedter 1909

Next Weeks lineup:

Muhle r89/Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow
013_22.jpg

Omega Evo Ovale (Best Brush in the Universe, still)
007_18.jpg

LEA Menthol
004_18.jpg

InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid/Proraso Green (Splash)
010_18.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Muhle r89
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (1)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Cream: LEA Menthol
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Proraso Green (Splash)
031_22.jpg

I absolutely loved todays shave. It didn't end up at the dermatologist or the ER. It was a smooth worry free dfs shave. There was no post shave feedback, no redness, no blood. I'm really pleased with this line up. My Muhle r89 is a razor I've undervalued until now. It may be my favorite razor. We'll see how the goes. I'm looking forward to whole week of uneventful shaves. That's my goal and I'm sticking to it.

26a5c8fc89a8a76f74bf30c918fd87ff.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (2)
033_22.jpg

I'm really enjoying my shaves with my Muhle r89. Both shaves this week have been really nice easy going shaves. I'm not over working areas to get as close as I get with my Fatips. I'm leaving well enough alone, and am getting mostly bbs's. This, of course, means they aren't bbs's. The shave doesn't last as long, but that is only really noticeable about an hour before my next shave. It's not really that big a deal given the quality of the shaves.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (3)
035_22.jpg

I'm on my third shave in. Day three can be tough. It can feel like irritation day shave. Then my shaves get better on the forth and fifth days. The fifth is usually my best shave of the week. My Muhle r89 has consistently, steadily, given irritation free shaves. It also helps that I've narrowed my soap collection to what works for me. I really like this Muhle r89.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (4)
038_22.jpg

I had a very quick shave today, as I had to take my stepson to work. It was a quick splash with water, lather, and go shave. I didn't get the normal ritualistic prep I so enjoy. I had a little more irritation than normal, but it was still an excellent shave.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I'm really enjoying these Gillette Yellows. Have you tried them?

He has

Shave 7

View attachment 1042148

Made in England Tech
Gillette 7.00 Yellow (8)
Semogue 1438
Proraso Red

View attachment 1042145

There was a burst water main on our road today. When I filled the sink, it was very cloudy with minerals. I didn't like it, but it would have to do. It seemed strange visually because since I've been cold water shaving it has been crystal clear.

I don't know if it played any part but tonights shave was mediocre. First off, my lather wasn't quite right, not enough product and it was a little bit airy on my face, a bit like whisked egg whites. Each addition of water failed to improve it.
First pass, wtg and the smoothness wasn't great from the right ear onwards. There was considerable tugging below and around my bottom lip, the first time I've had that using the Tech. My initial response was that the previous outings in the Merkur hadn't served the blade well but then this was the 8th time out for the 7.00 yellow. I steepened the angle considerably for the left side of my face, better. I had to relather my neck, then finished off the pass. The irritation around my lips was more noticeable tonight, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to carry on using this soap for. The scent's nice enough to encourage me.

Second pass, wtg and the lather was thin. Way too thin actually, and not the kind that has great slickness. There was hardly any soap left in the brush. I took a deep breath and carried on. There was some friction, it felt a bit like shaving with plain water. I was careful not use too much pressure and it was surprisingly comfortable. No tugging anywhere, even with some direct ATG shaving in my far right corner jaw, below the ear and along my neck where north meets south. I had to relather my neck again and this time the brush was completely emptied. I rinsed off and towelled dry.

It may have been comfortable but it wasn't the most effective shave. I was left with two small stubble patches at my lower edge front jaw, left and right. The rest could've been better, but not bad considering. No post shave irritation though, nor any nicks or weepers. I shouldn't be so careless with my lather and won't be next time. It's nice to know that I can shave with so little; no soap wastage at all today.

Top Bottom