My other Journal Page is about Fatips.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Merkur 33c
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Fine Classic Shaving Brush 20mm
Soap: MdC Vetyver
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash)
026_42.jpg

Another nice shave. If all I had was my Merkur 33c I'd be totally happy for five to ten years at least lol. MdC Vetyver is the bomb. I just love the scent. The scent is perfection. The performance of MdC is solid but not really exceptional. It's a very good soap in a world of very good soaps. I really like Figaro Monsieur Ambra. I think I will use it next week. I'm thinking of using it, MdC Vetyver, and Astra SP again. The razor will be announced.

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Well it's close by to me, and Red Rocks is one of the most magical venues on earth to see a band. If you ever want to see them here, you don't have to worry about a bed and breakfast. We've got you covered, plus we'll go as well! That way you don't have to worry about a ride.

I wish I could.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Astra SP (4)
029_42.jpg

I'm almost done using my Merkur 33c for awhile. I've been using it for a couple of weeks. Then it will go back into storage, with my collection, until the next use. I wouldn't want zamak rot to set in to a perfectly fine razor lol. I really want to compare it to the Gillette Heritage razor I suckered myself into buying. It has an r89 head, so it should shave exactly like an EJ with a different weight and balance due to the handle. So, the real competition is between the Merkur head and the EJ head. Which is better? What do I prefer?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Astra SP (5)
030_42.jpg

Best shave of the week, guys, best shave of the week. Next week's line up is: Gillette Heritage paired with a fresh Astra SP, Fine Classic Shaving Brush 20mm, MdC Vetyver, and Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash). Happy Shaves everyone!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Gillette Heritage
Blade: Astra SP (1)
015_50.jpg

I had a wonderful first shave with my Gillette heritage. It seemed to have a whole lot of blade feel compared to my Merkur 33c. It also seemed to have more blade feel than my r89, except I think I remember the r89 having more blade feel than my Merkurs. So, my Gillette Heritage really doesn't have more blade feel than an r89 because it is an r89 on a short handle. I do love the short handle. I also must say, I love this razor. It is my favorite razor that I'm using right now. Well, it's the only razor I'm using right now.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Astra SP (2)
016_50.jpg

This may be my new favorite razor. I should start a thread called, "Reviews by Rave." It's where I try a whole bunch of different shaving related items, and then declare each of them to be the best I've ever used and absolute favorites.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Blade: Astra SP (2)
View attachment 1161684
This may be my new favorite razor. I should start a thread called, "Reviews by Rave." It's where I try a whole bunch of different shaving related items, and then declare each of them to be the best I've ever used and absolute favorites.
I just found out I had 4 un-opened tucks of Astra SP's in my drawer. See what you have done!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Astra SP (3)
017_50.jpg

Everything is going fine this week. I couldn't ask for better. Maybe it's the Vetyver? Vetyver smells good.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Astra SP (4)
018_50.jpg

The EJ/Muhle head is fantastic. I don't know why I ever use anything else. It's quite nice really. I love the shaves I've been getting this week. Everything about this weeks line up has been spot on for me.

Oh, and rabbit rabbit.
1_30.jpg

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Astra SP (5)
019_50.jpg

The last shave again was (holds imaginary mic towards the audience). Next weeks line up will see a return to my Fatip Journal with the one and only Fatip Piccolo paired with the ever stunning Astra SP. I'll use the ever popular APShaveco SynBad with the Stirling Frozen Tundra Sisters, soap and splash. A fun time should be had.

Top Bottom