What's new

My other Journal Page is about Fatips.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Here is my newest shoe purchase. I have put together my "dress-up collection," and am now working on a casual wardrobe. They have been dispatched and will arrive on Monday:

Ecco Soft 7 City Sneakers
s-l1600.jpg

Ecco Danish Design
s-l500.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Merkur Progress 500
Blade: Astra SP (5)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Cream: Proraso Red
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Reuzel
034_25.jpg

I've shaved five and out on my Astra Sp's. I'm done with my Progress. I really enjoyed using it, but my Fatips are calling me. I decided to use my Fatip Piccolo Gentile. I haven't used it yet. I loaded a fresh New Lord Platinum into it. It aligned perfectly the first time. Could this be my new favorite lying on the horizon? We shall see.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Mühle R41
Blade: Lord Platinum (1)
Soap: Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Cheshire Splash
029_01_22.jpg

It's been years since I last used my Muhle r41. I haven't used it since I discovered Fatips. I certainly haven't used it since starting my Fatip Journal page at the beginning of Jan. 2018. I had a splendid shave as well. I did a three-pass. I took Jim's advice and used a lighter touch. I also used short strokes and no Gillette slide. This razor is aggressive and felt like it could bite. It probably would have if I did longer strokes. What it has in aggressiveness it makes up for in efficiency. It was a closer shave than what I get with my Fatip OCs. That was kind of the point of breaking it out. I shave three times a week, and my stubble grows back fast. It was not so noticeable with my Fatip OC, but it was with the Gentile. Mission accomplished. I'll do a two-pass tomorrow to clean up and a three-pass on Thursday to end the week.

I like Barrister & Mann Cheshire. The downside is that it is such a soft soap the containers go quickly. I'm almost to the end of this one. I think Stirling is a better buy overall for a soft artisan soap in the 20-dollar range. A tub of it lasts longer and the performance is on par with a good scent selection.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
View attachment 1694786
It's been years since I last used my Muhle r41. I haven't used it since I discovered Fatips. I certainly haven't used it since starting my Fatip Journal page at the beginning of Jan. 2018. I had a splendid shave as well. I did a three-pass. I took Jim's advice and used a lighter touch. I also used short strokes and no Gillette slide. This razor is aggressive and felt like it could bite. It probably would have if I did longer strokes. What it has in aggressiveness it makes up for in efficiency. It was a closer shave than what I get with my Fatip OCs. That was kind of the point of breaking it out. I shave three times a week, and my stubble grows back fast. It was not so noticeable with my Fatip OC, but it was with the Gentile. Mission accomplished. I'll do a two-pass tomorrow to clean up and a three-pass on Thursday to end the week.

I like Barrister & Mann Cheshire. The downside is that it is such a soft soap the containers go quickly. I'm almost to the end of this one. I think Stirling is a better buy overall for a soft artisan soap in the 20-dollar range. A tub of it lasts longer and the performance is on par with a good scent selection.
Excellent, Rave. Here's to a great week ahead.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
View attachment 1694786

Good job of it, Rave.

I bet you'd like Mike's Natural Soaps, Rave.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I shave with my r41 tomorrow. I will do three passes. It will be really good or really bad. I did one or two passes in the past.
I shaved with my R41 yesterday, one pass only with a fresh Shark SS blade and it was splendid. Close and efficient with a surprise weeper that I never felt. The beauty of my one-pass shaves is my stubble doesn't grow back fast, so I get to shave more often!

~doug~

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I shaved with my R41 yesterday, one pass only with a fresh Shark SS blade and it was splendid. Close and efficient with a surprise weeper that I never felt. The beauty of my one-pass shaves is my stubble doesn't grow back fast, so I get to shave more often!

~doug~
That's brilliant, I'll keep it in mind. The reason I shave three days a week is because I exercise on the days in between. That and time slots fill up quickly.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
You are so messing with my mind here Doug! Slow growth leads to more shaves?! Huh?!

But then again I amaze myself on how stupid I was just a couple of weeks ago.
It's the syntax Guido. My Dad used this explanation to clarify.

In English you say "Throw some hay over the fence, to the cow."
In German you say "Throw the cow over the fence, some hay."

My stubble grows so slowly that I can easily skip two to three days after a two to three pass shave. So a one-pass shave means I can shave sooner than if I went for a two or three pass shave.

~doug~

I had a supervisor that when I asked him for advice on how to make a complicated gasket, I would always write the steps down in the same exact order he gave me, then reverse the order and the gasket would come out perfect. If you tried to do it the way he explained, scrap every time.

Top Bottom