What's new

My original series Star Trek Phaser prop

I can't recall if I posted this before. But after recently watching the "Star Trek Continues" video series on Utube I thought I show you Trek lovers out there what I made. I had seen one for sale from the Franklin Mint, but after seeing the price and the overall look I decided to make my own. I secured a copy of the Star Trek technical manual to use as my guide, as it had full scale drawings of the weapon and a color scheme.
Main body is pine, with all the various parts made from bits and bobs I found at the hardware store. The base I fashioned in the basic shape of the uniform patch, with a steel rod entering a hole in the bottom of the handle so it looks like it's balancing on the end. The smaller phaser one is detachable, and is held on by a strong pair of magnets. The beam emitter on the front is a garden hose cap with tiny bits of steel wire glued to it surrounding the end of a caulking tube tip. Hope you guys like it!

If you have any ST props, post 'em up!

View attachment 1115702

View attachment 1115703

View attachment 1115704

View attachment 1115705
That is so cool. What a great job.

I had collected TV props and comic art for many years, but sold a good portion of it about 7 years ago. I don't have anything remaining that is Trek related, but I do have some screen-used X-Files & Buffy the Vampire Slayer props. I'll see if I can dig a few up and post some pictures.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You must have been reading my mind, I was thinking the same.

I almost posted something along the lines of; O/S filled phaser blinds but Spicy Phaser brings chics raining down around the victim, securing your escape.

It's science...
You obviously didn't read the memo that Science has largely proven that Star Trek use of Avon as a weapon has been proven to be a myth. You are so 21st century my groovy friend.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
You obviously didn't read the memo that Science has largely proven that Star Trek use of Avon as a weapon has been proven to be a myth. You are so 21st century my groovy friend.

Well, Shatner disagrees, and maintains that this line of thought is nothing more than modern day deep state propaganda.

I always wanted a Tribble.

FarmerTan

Well, Shatner disagrees, and maintains that this line of thought is nothing more than modern day deep state propaganda.

I always wanted a Tribble.
We'll just have to agree to disagree, my former friend.

But since Shatner has been proven by Science to be the original model for the Arkoman, you are forgiven.

FarmerTan

We'll just have to agree to disagree, my former friend.

But since Shatner has been proven by Science to be the original model for the Arkoman, you are forgiven.
Proof: Kirk is so clean cut because of the Arko found in his DNA. True story doggone!

Hope it's ok to post a sci-fi/fantasy prop unrelated to ST.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel screen-used 'Spike's Amulet' which I was fortunate enough to win at auction in Los Angeles in 2004.
IMG_1001.JPG

Top Bottom