What's new

My OCD on full display (caution, picture & detail heavy)

@Canadian Mountain Man - Please allow me to display some of my OCD.

flair (noun)
  • a special or instinctive aptitude or ability for doing something well. "She had a flair for languages."
  • stylishness and originality. "She dressed with flair."
flare (noun)
  • a sudden brief burst of bright flame or light. "The flare of the match lit up his face."
  • a gradual widening, especially of a skirt or pants.
So, all your references to "Flair Tip" should be changed to "Flare Tip".
I hope that did not ruin your day. :blush:

That would be amazing. Another question about Google sheets (I work for the government and have experience solely with excel) because Google is cloud based have you tried accessing it on a mobile device, just thinking because I travel a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was playing around with how I can share this and need to tweak a few things and write up a brief guide. Will post it as a wiki when complete.

Thanks all!

Was playing around with how I can share this and need to tweak a few things and write up a brief guide. Will post it as a wiki when complete.

Thanks all!
The first time that I saw your OCD I was thinking about asking you for the excel, but I was too shy.

I`m very happy that you are willingly sharing all of your work, time, patience and knowledge invested in making such a great collection/tracking system. Thank you very much, I`m truly grateful.

Fantastic! I'm looking forward to the wiki. :thumbup:
I tried to figure out how to post this as a wiki and....well.....stymied would be the best description. Honestly. I've been dealt SAP and PeopleSoft apps written by programmers who must have thought Fortran77 was the peak of ease of use and managed to make my way through them but the B&B wiki forum did me in. Guides that show they were last updated in 2012, dead links, etc. Sorry to be critical towards the admins, but wow....brutal.

I hope that did not ruin your day. :blush:
I've been damn near catatonic all day :)
proxy.php

And for those who may be following this thread and didn't happen to notice, I've posted the Google Sheets and Excel templates here

Last edited:
I tried to figure out how to post this as a wiki and....well.....stymied would be the best description. Honestly. I've been dealt SAP and PeopleSoft apps written by programmers who must have thought Fortran77 was the peak of ease of use and managed to make my way through them but the B&B wiki forum did me in. Guides that show they were last updated in 2012, dead links, etc. Sorry to be critical towards the admins, but wow....brutal.

If the wiki forum stymied you, I can't imagine who does manage to get content up. Maybe there's a secret manual somewhere for mortals? In any case, I'm buried neck deep in work until May 23rd, but then I have a few weeks off. I have already calendared some time out to dig deep into spreadsheets. On my calendar it's blocked off as "OCD Code Review". It sounds downright productive!

Thanks again for posting all your great work for those of us that are a bit less technologically sophisticated... :)

Last edited:
I have already calendared some time out to dig deep into spreadsheets. On my calendar it's blocked off as "OCD Code Review". It sounds downright productive!

Thanks again for posting all your great work for those of us that are a bit less technologically sophisticated... :)
Nice!

And very welcome & thank you. Happy that there are some folks out there who have been able to make use of the templates :)

Was going through some archived files and came across an early version of this spreadsheet and it reminded me how far its come. It looks fairly primitive and didn't offer a whole lot of useful reporting.

1.0 dashboard.jpg
Dashboard

1.0 log.jpg
Entry Log

Fast forward six months or so and I'm actually quite proud of what this has turned into. IMO looks much more polished and the reporting provides some decent insight into my shaves.

2.0 dashboard.jpg
Dashboard

2.0 log.jpg
Entry Log

I do feel bad I haven't been able to update the Excel version as it was requested by a few folks on B&B. Unfortunate reality is there's only 24 hours in a day and to be candid since its not the platform I use there's not the same motivation to spend a lot of time on it. I'd be thrilled if someone would want to pick up that torch.

Top Bottom