What's new

My OCD is calm for now

Whee. My new Tony Miller strops arrived.

One horse, one cow. Plain. 2.5 inches.

On my old worn out strops the bottom D ring was banging against the dry wall. So after talking with Tony I went for a 'hybid barbershop" end. Removed the bottom D ring but left the leather cap there, to give my hand something to grip. And to give it a better, finished look.

And went with black end caps, just to give a nice contrast to the tan leather.

I assembled it. Then assembled it again so the screw faces were to the back. And then tweaked the screws so each vertical screwdriver line was straight up and down. Yes, I can feel OCD neurosis starting at this point.

Hung it on a loop. Then did it again so the metal finger release is facing to the right, the correct ergonomic way for a right hander like me.

Actually, I don't really have OCD. I think I have CDO. It's like OCD but the letters are lined up in proper alphabetical order the WAY THEY SHOULD BE

IMG_1148.jpgIMG_1149.jpgIMG_1150.jpg

oh my goodness, the cow is fast. first time trying steer, so got it out of curiosity. its' super hard and fast. Interesting.

The horse is what I am used to. Just stropped and shaved with it. Very nice.

From what I have read here, the speed of the leather makes no difference. Just use whatever you enjoy using, whatever feels nice to you.

So I think that means I like tony's plain horse, 2.5 inches. I think next time I'll order the long 24 inch one, as my barbershop grips uses up a few inches of the end.

But anyway, this was nice.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
John, This is what I go through on every strop I make and yes, all the screw heads must be "clocked" before the leave my shop so glad you put them back in order after modifying the strops. Glad you like them.
Tony

Top Bottom