What's new

My NOS Shick Type O Injector Razor (PIC HEAVY)

My newest (and possibly rarest) razor- Schick Type O Injector Razor

In the past year I have only seen one of these for sale, and it sold for about $180 shipped. I found mine for a much lower price, and pounced as soon as I saw it. After a little research, I found out that another company called Nationwide Campus had produced a poor imitation of the Type O, and I began to get a little nervous that I had been had (user thread on the NC Type O). I was pretty sure that I had purchased the real deal, but couldn't be certain until I had it in hand.

Well, it arrived on Monday, new in it's wrapper, and needless to say, I am very pleased. This is a very rare Schick, and the last Schick Injector razor ever produced (1999-2003). It was apparently only sold in Japan, and could only be purchased otherwise directly from Schick. I'm guessing the latter would have come in the plastic wrapper, like mine.

Anyhow, I'm very much looking forward to taking this rare beauty for its inaugural shave tomorrow morning. Anyone else have this razor? If so, how does it compare to other Injector razors?

Yes, please tell us about tomorrow's shave. My prediction is the razor will prove to be mild, maybe very mild.

Anyway, a good score on a cosmetically beautiful razor. And congratulations!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
That's the only one I haven't tried, but as Santamariasteve predicts, and the progression on the Schicks before the O would indicate, it may be mild to useless unless for a very mild beard

For soap, I used my newly acquired Sandalwood scented Petal Pusher Fancies Kokum Butter Shaving Cake, and at first I literally didn't know if the razor was actually shaving me. I don't know if that was more an effect of the soap or the razor. To my pleasant surprise, this razor cleared my stubble with the least effort of any razor I've used. This was the smoothest, most comfortable shave I've ever had, and I typically like using aggressive razors with medium aggressive blades. The result was damn near BBS after a WTG and XTG pass. I can't offer a verdict after a single shave, but I'm definitely looking forward to experiencing this razor again.

Do the bumps on the head do anything for the quality of the shave?, do they set up the beard for the next pass. It's amazing how the last Injector looks like a cartridge razor. It is nice looking though.

Clayton

Wow what a wonderful razor. I should start looking into one of those(like I need another razor). One question how easy are finding blades?

Do the bumps on the head do anything for the quality of the shave? . . .
The dimples are supposed to decrease drag, like on a golf ball. Schick added them to the three N-types and then the O-. I don't know how effective they are, either, but my N2 is one smooth shaver.

Top Bottom