What's new

My Nivea Morning

I purchased Nivea’s sensitive skin shaving cream yesterday and had my first shave today.

Now i’m not have a shaving cream user and stick to my soap, but I remember my dad using a Nivea shaving cream many moons ago, and i still recall its pleasent scent. So part of picking it this time was Nostalgia and the other part was curiosity.

I don’t use shaving bowls, so i put a tiny bit of the cream of my brush after the usual brush soaking and face washing routine.

The lather was slick, but not as thick as the one i get from my Proraso green. By the time i was on my third pass, i was caught between using some more cream or just using what i had..and i chose the later.

The shave was fine, no nicks or cuts. The scent was pleasant and exactly like what i remember when my father used it, although it was less strong, and faded away quick which was slightly dissapointing.

My skin afterwards felt slightly smoother than it does after using a soap though, which was nice.

I topped it off with using Nivea’s Deep Clean and Comfort aftershave, but ill review that under the aftershave section.

A good shave. Nothing earth shattering though. I am a Proraso loyalist so i find it very difficult to rate others as good as our fine Italian friend.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up the blue one a couple months ago. It’s quickly becoming my favourite. I’ll have to try the white version sometime too.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Nivea makes reasonable creams for shaving, Your assessment of cream is accurate IMO and I have been using it off and on for 3 years and the scent is wonderful but fades. Nivea makes really good shaving balm and I use it daily and use the spent bottles for making Aftershave alterations to my liking because they are made of glass and are leak proof.
Have some great shaves!

I've got the blue one. It's not the slickest or one with good cushioning. And it's got a weird floral/herbal scent to it. Does your white one have that odd scent?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have the Blue Tube and the White Tube and I like using them both from time to time. Even Nivea canned shaving products are excellent. I used Nivea canned products for many years with no dramas whatsoever.

I've got the blue one. It's not the slickest or one with good cushioning. And it's got a weird floral/herbal scent to it. Does your white one have that odd scent?

It does have that scent. I like it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the blue Nivea tube cream and it’s pretty good. However the Florena cream also from Germany to me was better. Too bad it’s no longer sold here in Canada.

Rick

Top Bottom