What's new

My next project - Growing Tobacco

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I have what little tobacco I grew this year hanging in the garage. Looking over it this morning there are still a few green leaves. And they had company...

Removed the green leaves and worms. Deciding how to cure.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have what little tobacco I grew this year hanging in the garage. Looking over it this morning there are still a few green leaves. And they had company...

Removed the green leaves and worms. Deciding how to cure.
proxy.php

Those worms are a bugger to cure. :)

Mike H

Instagram Famous
LOL...May drop one into a bottle of tobacco I fused bourbon.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Only 1 of the plants (the only one in full sun) really grew. The others never got over 3 feet tall and none went to seed.

Legion

Staff member
I don't think we are even allowed to grow tobacco where I live. God forbid you were able to bypass all the government taxes.

Legion

Staff member
$11 million makes it commercial enterprise. I wonder what the rule is on personal consumption
Still not allowed, as far as I know. You would probably get in less trouble for growing weed.

A pack of cigarettes is about $30 here, and most of that is tax. They don't mess around if you try to sidestep it.

Legion

Staff member
Only the rich get to smoke? Better keep an eye out for a revolution!

That's funny you say that. I often ponder that the only people you see with a real nicotine addiction here are homeless people. Those guys always have a cigaret in their hand.

Most regular people have quit because of the cost, and that makes me wonder where all the homeless people are picking up the butts from. Because when a ciggy costs over a buck each, you know people are going to smoke that thing right down the the filter.

In the CBD I like to watch people trying to smoke on the street while being accosted by swarms of homeless people trying to bum a smoke. If that doesn't make you want to quit, I don't know what will.

We have been taxed out of that habit.

Legion

Staff member
How bad do they tax beer?
Too much. Most booze here is very expensive, mainly because of tax. A six pack averages about $16- $22 AU, if you are not drinking real bottom shelf swill.

The exception is wine. Because we have a big domestic wine industry, and the government wants to look after that, they catch more breaks on tax than other alcohol, so you can get a decent bottle of wine for a fair price.

The conspiracist in me suspects that this is mainly because too many politicians have financial investments in vineyards, but that is another story...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Too much. Most booze here is very expensive, mainly because of tax. A six pack averages about $16- $22 AU, if you are not drinking real bottom shelf swill.

The exception is wine. Because we have a big domestic wine industry, and the government wants to look after that, they catch more breaks on tax than other alcohol, so you can get a decent bottle of wine for a fair price.

The conspiracist in me suspects that this is mainly because too many politicians have financial investments in vineyards, but that is another story...
When a law doesn’t make sense, see who profits from it. That usually explains everything.

Top Bottom