What's new

my next bay rum (help would be appreciated)

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
My favourite Bay Rum is Pashana American Bay Rum:
br.jpg

Hold on...... isn't that a hair tonic? Yes it is but I use it as an aftershave and it works great and smells fantastic but is not for the faint hearted. It has an incredibly strong burn! I love it! But but but.... aftershave has special ingredients to tone and care for the skin which this will not have.... I...do...not...care 👍

I'm a fan of Captain's Choice myself. I have a bottle of Rooster's Nest Bourbon Bay Rum coming in a few days (assuming USPS gets its act together), so we'll see how that one fares, but it is a bit expensive ($20+~$9 shipping).

I really like Soap Commander Purpose (Bay Rum). It is not part of their core line so its a limited run thing they make in the Fall, I think.

I just pulled the trigger and got Soap Commander Love, it's great, I might down the line grab the Bay Rum if and when it becomes available. I have not ever bought or used a Bay Rum soap. Right of passage here, everyone here seems to have a Bay Rum soap.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
My favorite is St. John's. Heck, this may just make me buy another bottle! I love their lime, too, a very summery scent.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I've only ever had one Bay Rum AS and it was Captains Choice. It is very good.

And I'm a big fan of B&M AS splashes in general, though I've never tried their Bay Rum flavored splash.

Edit; I'm not sure B&M offers their Bay Run splash anymore :concern:

Well Friday night I pulled the trigger on this one. I have burned through a few bayrums, so this one was calling my name.

What I've used.
PAA Atomic Ago
PAA Boomstown Bay Rum
Clubman VIBR

So I'm excited to try this!!!!! it's got wicked good reviews and we will see.
1622389579221.png

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
No one mentioned the one still available from Avon that has been discontinued since the 60's: Avon Bay Rum!

But I kinda lied: it's available on Fleabay, and not terribly high priced. Could be longer lasting, but it's still a wonderful product, even if it's a half century old!

But new ones I love: Captain's Choice Bay Rum and the Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum. That one is spectacular, but if you don't want to mix up some, I can't blame you.

PAA Boomtown is my second favorite Bay Rum, the first being PAA Atomic Bay Rum! Where Boomtown has that leather/bay thing going on, Atomic Age has a very clean, smooth sort of thing bay/spice which is hard to describe. While on your bay rum quest, I highly reccomend grabbing a sample.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Stirling Bay Rum was mentioned early on, thanks @DaveHStone...also an excellent choice. It's a nutmeg-heavy Bay Rum. I just recently got two new ones that I like very much...Sir Henry's Island Estate Bay Rum and Barberry Coast Bay Rum.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
There are over 20 bay rum aftershave reviews in the B&B review section. Take a look.

PAA Boomtown is my second favorite Bay Rum, the first being PAA Atomic Bay Rum! Where Boomtown has that leather/bay thing going on, Atomic Age has a very clean, smooth sort of thing bay/spice which is hard to describe. While on your bay rum quest, I highly reccomend grabbing a sample.

I have used and love both the PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum and the Boomstown variant as well. I wanted to go with something other then PAA for this one, I placed my order on Friday, but I haven't seen anything come through for shipping I tried emailing Captain's Choice today and the email got bounced back as undeliverable. I will admit I'm not too worried about it since I know they have such a good reputation here so I'm sure it will show up.

I have used and love both the PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum and the Boomstown variant as well. I wanted to go with something other then PAA for this one, I placed my order on Friday, but I haven't seen anything come through for shipping I tried emailing Captain's Choice today and the email got bounced back as undeliverable. I will admit I'm not too worried about it since I know they have such a good reputation here so I'm sure it will show up.
@Captain Pre-Capsize is a vendor member here. You can send him a message and he will reply to any questions you might have.

Top Bottom