What's new

My newest toy

This is my first rangefinder. Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa I got it off of ebay for about $50.

I'm running a roll of Ektar 100 through it right now to test everything out. So far its a fun camera that I just can't seem to put down. The thing is a tank too.

$smugshot7340655-M.jpg

Awesome! :D Voigtlander is a respected brand.

You'll enjoy rangefinders. The size, the viewfinder, the focusing, the sound (or lack of :) ) and the mere look of it - AWESOME! :D

It may seem like a minor thing, but the fact that I can see the EXACT thing I'm capturing on film, is very nice. No darn flapping mirror blacking out my vision!

Good luck, I hope it works perfectly :)

Yea, it took me a little while to get used to focusing. I'm used to the split prism on my Nikon F2. I was also kind of surprised at the little amount of "feedback" when pressing the shutter release. Its just a little click.

I ended up with this camera because I think it looks so awesome. I was eyeing a few FEDs and Zorkis with screw mounts, but ended up going with this one. Nice thing too is it has a built in selenium light meter (no batteries!) that as far as I can tell still works fine.

Top Bottom