What's new

My newbie mind is officially blown

I . . . can't believe that there is maple bacon scented shaving soap. I remember when I couldn't believe that there was deep fried bacon, never mind chocolate covered deep fried bacon.

Even more disturbing . . . is that I would consider purchasing such a product. Must . . . fight . . . Soap Acquisition Disorder (and the related Food and Beverage Scented Soap Acquisition Disorder) . . .

And right before posting, I made the mistake of looking at their other novelty soaps. Apple stuffed french toast (dangit, I want this!), cannabis, oatmeal stout, pot roast (ok, this one I can easily live without!), . . . if their soaps are good I may have to patronize them.

Better shave today! I used a little more product than I did for my maiden voyage yesterday, and got a nicer lather than on my first attempt. I think that helped a little bit. The biggest tip, I picked up from one of Mantic59's videos on Youtube. Yesterday, I was tipping my head up when I was shaving my neck and I just couldn't seem to find a good angle. On one of his vids, he suggested rather than looking up, trying to jut the chin forward to pull the neck skin flat. Made a big difference for me. Still just a tad stubbly at the top of my neck. I think a ATG pass would probably finish it up right nice, but I don't want to push it too far too soon. Trying to give my skin a chance to acclimate to this new system before going all out. Good day though! This shave is at least as good as my best Mach 3 cartridge shave, maybe even a tad better. Not too shabby for only a second attempt! :thumbup:

I . . . can't believe that there is maple bacon scented shaving soap. I remember when I couldn't believe that there was deep fried bacon, never mind chocolate covered deep fried bacon.

Even more disturbing . . . is that I would consider purchasing such a product. Must . . . fight . . . Soap Acquisition Disorder (and the related Food and Beverage Scented Soap Acquisition Disorder) . . .

And right before posting, I made the mistake of looking at their other novelty soaps. Apple stuffed french toast (dangit, I want this!), cannabis, oatmeal stout, pot roast (ok, this one I can easily live without!), . . . if their soaps are good I may have to patronize them.

I like how the cannabis soap is $4.20 :lol:

Your set up looked great! Bring back the picture of your shaving den for all to see. As one B & B er often says, "If we don't have pictures, it didn't happen."

Last edited:
I wanted to post a picture of my "den-in-progess" I am well aware of my humble beginnings and I am loving every minute of it! I also want to give a huge thanks to Mendel for PIF-ing me the Omega razor/brush stand! A stand was something that I didn't see as necessity when I pieced together my starter kit, and now that I have it, I realize that it is a must-have item :thumbup1:

SO, here is the lay of the land so far...

View attachment 333995

jezs4O93bGuIwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

And, just to answer in advance the questions that I know are coming...

The clear crystal container is for plain round cotton pads. They come in incredible handy. Plus, the crystal was my great-grandmothers. It is the perfect size/shape for cotton rounds, and I know she would get a huge laugh out of seeing me shave "old-fashioned." I loved her immensely, and it gives me a little extra joy to think about her as I'm going down this road :001_smile

Also, the more observant of you will notice that the green glass bottle behind the crystal jar strongly resembles a half-pint of Jägermeister. Well... that's only because you are entirely correct. I hated seeing the plastic, economy-size monstrosity of generic drug store brand Witch Hazel sitting along-side the rest of my gear. I think the green-glass of the Jägermeister bottle is much more esthetically pleasing, so I gave it a good rinsing out (after a great night, I should say...) and re-purposed it as my Witch Hazel decanter.

So starts the long and winding road...

I'm not sure what I have enjoyed more so far, the shaves or the camaraderie. It's been a lot of fun going down this path with you fellas! I really believe that if everyone in the "real world" were as kind and helpful as the people that I have met here at B&B, the world would be a better place for it! :thumbup:

I hope you're all having fun out there!

Last edited:
Sorry for the glitch...I'm trying to get things right. For some reason uploading this picture causes my browser to crash. Don't want anyone else to have the same troubles. Tried deleting and reposting, but something is still not jiving. If I use my back-up browser (Opera) everything is good-to-go. Firefox is being cantankerous, not sure what the trouble is...

Top Bottom