What's new

My new Yates/Charcoal brass nautical razor

I've finally assembled this dream razor. It took some time (~11 months)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

I wanted to present this razor to my FIL who was a prominent oceanographer and circumnavigated the globe a few times.
But back in Dec. 2020 the parts (all except the brass YPM base plate) were unavailable and then in March 2021 COVID took my FIL.
I, therefore, abandoned this idea for a few months.

But then Brian (at CharcoalGoods) suddenly resumed operation and then Jack (from YPM) agreed to produce a small number of brass caps.
So the ball started rolling and orders were placed.

Coincidentally, I've just returned from my first ever sailing trip...
apologies for chiming in earlier and not paying my respects, my condolences for your loss

That said, again, REALLY wish you didn't bring up these razors 😩
1633196536856.png

oh well, gives me a chance to add a less aggressive razor to my lineup I guess

apologies for chiming in earlier and not paying my respects, my condolences for your loss

That said, again, REALLY wish you didn't bring up these razors 😩 View attachment 1338633

oh well, gives me a chance to add a less aggressive razor to my lineup I guess
Funny that, in hindsight I wanted to get more into open combs, what with it being "OCtober" but I don't want THAT many razors....asked for a cancellation of this one and sprung for a S&D Timeless matte OC .95 😂

So I must sadly pass on this guy afterall

I also use Yates heads on a Charcoal Goods handle. Works very well, and great value. But I haven't seen that nice brass cap.

I also use Yates heads on a Charcoal Goods handle. Works very well, and great value. But I haven't seen that nice brass cap.

It's a new thing. The last time I checked it was still available on their site.

So glad Jake has finally found time and possibility to make this small run.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Today's arrivals:
proxy.php

And a fantastic SOTD with:

Razor: Yates Precision 921-H
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (1)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Fibre Blue Opal
Soap: CRSW Oliva Colonia Mediterrania
AS: B&M Oceana

proxy.php
Some really nice shaving gear, I enjoy the 7oClock SP, they are smoooth on even the 1st shave.

Top Bottom