What's new

My (New) Vintage Rooney

I pick up this beautiful brush new in the box. It has become my new favorite, an excellent performer. The dense best badger knot feels more like silvertip to my face and it instantly whips lather up like no other brush I've used. I've used it 6 times and it has yet to shed a single hair. I have really been digging these butterscotch handles lately and will keep my eye out for more. I've asked a few members already, but does anyone have info about these brushes, there's zero on the net. Anyway here are a few pre-shave pictures: I'll take some more to show the bloom if anyone is interested.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
that's a very nice brush.

The first photo ... I could have sworn it was a Simpson! They used to use butterscotch handles like that and the gold decal just screams "simpson". That red box it came in, too, is a giveaway.

But then that Rooney sticker on the other side ... :blink::blink:

Oh well ... nice brush anyway!

Ian, I have the very same brush circa 50's, Same red box with Rooney on it and the Rooney decals as this one. This is a dead match to mine.....Awesome vintage brush.

I had the same brush in Super!
Unfortunately not as good condition with the knot or the decals, so both were removed.

What a nice brush. In fact it is so nice I would have a hard time using it, But, that is what we buy them for.

Thank you for all of the compliments! I snag this off the 'bay (best offer auction). My timing was perfect, the listing was only a few minutes old when I saw it. Finally in the right place at the right time.

What a nice brush. In fact it is so nice I would have a hard time using it, But, that is what we buy them for.

It's funny, I never for a minute considered not using it. I did have a moment of remorse when Dr.P mentioned that it could be worth up to $150, oh well, I bought the brush to use it. I love everything about this Rooney, it has become my "go to". For the record the labels are still intact after more than a week. Rooney must have used better glue than Simpson.

Here's an action shot (sorry about the cell phone camera and the steam from the shower):

Top Bottom