What's new

My new (to me) Valet AutoStrop!

Jut got this for my birthday from my lovely wife! Clearly it could use a polish but it seems to be in excellent shape... the only blade that came with it is old and rusty and it is missing the box for blades and the strop. I think I want to track these down, but from what I can tell it wouldn't be a very worth-while investment....
What do you all think?
Also anyone know a good place to get a cheap blade that will fit this razor? I know it needs the originals or a Feather SE, I've not got any other single edge razor's though, so I want to see how I like the shave before I spend much money on the missing parts...
$IMAG0030[1].jpg$IMAG0031[1].jpg$IMAG0034[2].jpg

My Valet does not shave too well, but I'm thinking it is the blade more than the razor. I've got feathers on order and I think it will probably produce a much more satisfactory result with those.

I know it needs the originals or a Feather SE, I've not got any other single edge razor's though, so I want to see how I like the shave before I spend much money on the missing parts...

Know this is a few months old but was having the same problem as you (except mine was in a much worse state :')), was directed to this page http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/393655-The-Great-Blade-Exchange, Toothpick has eight of the feather SE blades on there.

Not much good to me here in the UK but might be good for you

Hope it helps :)

Kieran

You can find a strop on eBay, but they seem to attract a lot of bidders, and they drive the price up.

I found out it was easier, and cheaper to find another complete set to bid on just to remove the strop.

After I bought another cheap set, I sold the extra set and got my money back, and had my strop for free.

I can not find the link but you can buy a new replacement strop from a shop stateside, maybe somebody can post up the link.

I seem to recall seeing new strops on etsy. Probably better than the old strops which are often dried out or creased from being folded up for 40+ years.

Top Bottom