What's new

My new (to me) Klenzo B1053

Anyone have any info about them? Is it Badger, or dyed to look like badger?

Thanks!
HPIM0246.JPG

Cool brush! Looks like boar dyed to look like Badger to me. I like the scuttle too, funny how fashion has changed lots of very flowery Shaving mugs and mustache cups from the past. Do you plan to use the brush as is or change the knot? Looks to be in pretty nice shape to me.

Klenzo Shaving Brushes were featured in Rexall Pharmacy Stores. Rexall was a chain of independently owned drug stores. My neighbor in Queens NY owned one and I would shop there. The chain closed in the 1970s. Rexall now makes supplements and drug supplies that are sold in the U.S. In addition, the last time I was in Canada I saw a Rexall store in Niagra.

In fact, Klenzo was the first shaving brush I used! They were relatively cheap at the time and cost less than $3 as best I recall.

Cool brush! Looks like boar dyed to look like Badger to me. I like the scuttle too, funny how fashion has changed lots of very flowery Shaving mugs and mustache cups from the past. Do you plan to use the brush as is or change the knot? Looks to be in pretty nice shape to me.

I plan to use it as it. I was soaking it in Infusium 23 (hair conditioner)earlier. First thing I do when I get an old brush. So I couldn't see how stiff it was.

It does seem to be boar, which I like. I have a Rubberset 200N with a nearly identical handle. That one I probably will re-knot. Not too keen on the nylon bristles, but will give it a while to test more and break in.

Klenzo B1053.JPG Rubberset 200N (1).JPG

Klenzo Shaving Brushes were featured in Rexall Pharmacy Stores. Rexall was a chain of independently owned drug stores. My neighbor in Queens NY owned one and I would shop there. The chain closed in the 1970s. Rexall now makes supplements and drug supplies that are sold in the U.S. In addition, the last time I was in Canada I saw a Rexall store in Niagra.

In fact, Klenzo was the first shaving brush I used! They were relatively cheap at the time and cost less than $3 as best I recall.
Thanks for the background info.

Top Bottom