What's new

My new Technivorm

I was able to find a great deal on a basically new (lightly used) Technivorm. I must say this thing makes great coffee compared to my Cuisinart drip coffeemaker.
Even my wife admitted that it was better than expected.

Are there many others here using one of these as their daily coffeemaker?

My only complaint is this is the 8 cup not the 10, but it will have to do for the time being.

IMG_20171206_222748420.jpg

I've heard others say it is a good auto drip machine

I've always used commercial Bunn brewers but they are too large for most home kitchens. They do brew a large (72 oz - 12 cup) pot of coffee though.

My daily driver, after going through countless drip machines. This is the best. However, for flavor, I believe a French press makes the optimal brew.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
My daily too. Mine is a 10 cup. Been very happy with it. True work horse. Supposedly brews at the perfect temp but I wouldn't mind a tad hotter. Coffee cools quickly.

last machine you'll ever buy, never breaks.
If you crack the basket, or the lid (if you don't know how, ask my wife) you can always find parts. The machine itself is built like a tank

Have close to a month on it now, works great. Brews a pot very quickly which I like.

Rhody, I find putting hot water in the pot while I grind the beans etc helps. I agree though, could always have hotter.

Rhody, I find putting hot water in the pot while I grind the beans etc helps. I agree though, could always have hotter

Run your hot water through the filter (empty) and into the carafe. This warms both the carafe AND the filter holder along with rinsing out bleach and other chemicals used in the filter manufacturing process.

You will be surprised how much cleaner your coffee taste after you rinse the filter

We have had one since last Christmas, and it brews great coffee.

One trick I learned was to pour the water into the resivoir using s clean glass- not the carafe. If you use the carafe brown coffee residue builds up the the resivoir.

Interesting, I will give that a shot thank you.
I use the brown, recycled looking paper filters. Not sure if there is a difference.

Run your hot water through the filter (empty) and into the carafe. This warms both the carafe AND the filter holder along with rinsing out bleach and other chemicals used in the filter manufacturing process.

You will be surprised how much cleaner your coffee taste after you rinse the filter

I'll also try the clean glass for the water, thanks for the tip!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I will add that my basket has a plastic tab that you can use to close off the basket to stop the drip brew flow. Seems silly and so unnecessary. My wife would constantly hit that tab unknowingly and then we would have a brew mess. So I got some think heavy duty black duck tape and taped the tab so it can't move to close. Solved that annoying problem.

Also when I clean it. Usually run water thought with some vinegar and then all water I unplug it and turn it upsidedown because I notice it collects some water down in the system after a brew. I don't think this is a major issue but just something I noticed so I empty it out now and then.

Top Bottom