What's new

Stirling Syndicate

My valentine got me the same knot in Stirling's other handle style (I believe my favorite handle of all time).

Your Valentine must be a real sweetheart !
I have that handle on my Synthetic Tuxedo, and I agree --- it is terrific.

3CC2BE15-52EB-416A-8481-9FF5C366EDDC.jpeg

Anyone else tried the coffee from Stirling Soap Company? I recently picked up a sampler pack of Brazilian, Columbian, and Costa Rican. I am impressed so far, and the price is better than most of the other subscription services I have used like Intelligentsia, Onyx, Blue Bottle, etc.

Just got this email.

Reading through sounds too aggressive for me - I rarely go above 5 on a Gillette adjustable.

Screenshot_20210305-194247.png

Looks nice though.

I got the email too. When I first got back into DE shaving aggressive was where it was at for me. Now, mild and efficient are my watchword. Plus it appears that the posts are on the base plate. That's not a favorite design for me.

Anyone else tried the coffee from Stirling Soap Company? I recently picked up a sampler pack of Brazilian, Columbian, and Costa Rican. I am impressed so far, and the price is better than most of the other subscription services I have used like Intelligentsia, Onyx, Blue Bottle, etc.
I have got it a few times. The sample one is a good deal. I tend to go with mid to light roast and all that I have are really good. I also like you still get loyalty points and even free samples. I order both coffee and soap together. It doesn't get better then that!!

Wow, Stirling is an interesting company! I had no idea they were into coffee, or razors. They don't ship to Canada, so I'm limited to what their Canadian reseller chooses to stock, but fortunately, Sweet Maria's ships to Canada so I roast my own coffee and my name should come up this month for another excellent Canadian razor that I'm looking forward to.

Curious on thoughts? Love their soaps...

Really want one but it’s not in the cards just yet. Soon hopefully [emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aggressive and ultra aggressive has me very intrigued! Hoping to get some comparisons to the gear we are all more likely familiar with. I’ll have to try and find some of these other forum threads. I did see the YouTube reviews they referenced, but I just always look to this forum before making any purchase decisions nowadays

Rod put both razors in a pass-around on another forum where you were able to try both razors out for several shaves and the consensus was that even the Standard version was "VERY" aggressive and were best described as being more aggressive than an Icon Tech that previously held the title for the most aggressive razor made!! I saw some posts from some guys that prefer more aggressive style razors that sent the razors on to the next guy on the list after just 1 shave with each razor... Turns out they aren't for the faint of heart!!

The ST is definitely more aggressive / efficient than an ATT H1. Probably similar to the 2013 R41, or maybe just a bit less.

The HA felt like what the iKon Tech should have been. More weight, better blade stability, but serious gap and exposure.

The cool thing about these is Rod designed them to be that way. They aren't like the Karve or the Rockwell that just increase the gap without changing the rest of the geometry.

I like aggressive razors (2013 R41, MMOC, wide open adjustables, etc) and I went with the ST. I'll be reviewing it on my YouTube channel when it gets here.

My only nitpicks were it has the blade holds on the baseplate and I don't like long handles.

Top Bottom