What's new

My new kampfe lather catcher. (Copied from SE forum)

Hello. I've been advised to copy this over from its original place on the SE forums because you guys may have better information on the matter.

Greetings all. I recently bought a 1896 kampfe star lather catcher that uses old wedge blades. Its lovely but I can't shave with it as the blades need a good honing. I was wondering if anyone would recommend someone who can do it professionally or if its best to do it myself? Either way i expect until I have a little more cash I'll have to stick to my loathed electric shaver.
Cheers.
Josh

Can you post a picture? I've never seen a "Kampfe Star" that resembles a straight razor. I think you were in the right place in SE forum.

Can you post a picture? I've never seen a "Kampfe Star" that resembles a straight razor. I think you were in the right place in SE forum.

I should have clarified. It's a standard kampfe lather catcher. It doesn't resemble a straight. I was simply pointed here as you guys tend to do more work on your blades than most SE users who often use throwaway blades so it was supposed you might have the information i was after.

That's pretty cool, I've never seen one. I suppose honing the blade would not be a big challenge as long as you have the razor handle.
Fortunately I do. However I am presently dirt poor so I either need recommendations for inexpensive honing stones or the services of someone who can do the job for me until I can afford my own kit and mistakes along the way. That's the kind of information I'm here looking for.

Top Bottom