What's new

My new Gillette Super Adjustable

I got this a month or so ago and thought I'd share my find. Its dated G2 which I believe is 1986, the year I was born. I was really excited when I looked up the date code. Its in really good condition and only took a little bit of washing to get it clean. There is very pitting or other defects, it basically looks like its been sitting in a drawer for 20 years. I found it in an antiques shop in Adamstown, PA.
$20120425_171553.jpg$20120425_171618.jpg

It's slightly longer (about 1/4") than my pair of Slim Adjustables, and weighs essentially the same. I kept on using this one during most of the duration of my "cartridge detour" 1993 / 2011, when I wanted an especially nice shave for a social occasion. It looks as good as the other two, in spite of some extra wear. I still like this one, but just won an auction for one from eBay for $16.50 that has the long handle, about another half inch longer than the original regular length super was.

My own being all metal, that was what I looked for in the longer one, which I assume is the length you have.

I'm certain you will enjoy using it.

Had one and didn't get on with it at all. Sold on with in months of purchase. That also went for the regular long / short handle super adjustables.

But curiosity got the better of me and for the past 2 months I've shaved with noting other than a 69 short handle super adjustable. Just shows how technique is the one to master and the rest will follow. Great looking razor by the way.

I got this a month or so ago and thought I'd share my find. Its dated G2 which I believe is 1986, the year I was born. I was really excited when I looked up the date code. Its in really good condition and only took a little bit of washing to get it clean. There is very pitting or other defects, it basically looks like its been sitting in a drawer for 20 years. I found it in an antiques shop in Adamstown, PA.

Congrats! It's exceedingly rare, in my experience, to stumble across a birth year razor in the wild. Most guys have to trawl auction sites to locate one of those. Enjoy it!

grats on finding ur birth year.treat her kindly she is already 26 years old lol. i worry that the plastic head wont last through the years like the earlier razors. by the time i hit 50 and want to get my birth year the plastic under that head may be too brittle :blue:

grats on finding ur birth year.treat her kindly she is already 26 years old lol. i worry that the plastic head wont last through the years like the earlier razors. by the time i hit 50 and want to get my birth year the plastic under that head may be too brittle :blue:
That is exactly what I was worried about when I bought it but when I got it home and checked the date code I was glad I didn't pass on it. I may pick up an earlier one also, all metal, the RAD hasn't got me too bad... yet.

View attachment 238851View attachment 238852

Born in 1986? You are far too young to be using such an exquisite device. Please PM me and I'll send you my address-I'll keep it safe for you until you come of age.

Top Bottom