What's new

My new Gillette Slim, how'd I do?

I just bought it off of Etsy, $28 plus $4.85 for shipping and they managed to add on a dollar or two for tax. I didn't think you could charge tax on used items, but, oh well. I thought it looked like it was in pretty good shape, what do you think? Certainly better than my last Slim. Are photos good enough that anyone could date it for me?
Thanks, input is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0876.jpg
    IMG_0876.jpg
    794 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    925.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    848 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    792.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    823.5 KB · Views: 37
Good price and in very nice condition. Enjoy it!
My goal was to own one of "most new style" Gillette's and the list (which is still a work in progress) also included a Fatboy and a Super adjustable.
So I got both and I honestly don't understand the fuss over the Fatboy nor the Super adjustable.
The slim is my favorite Gillette adjustable!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
You did great. It looks like a fine specimen of a razor and they shave fantastically IMHO.

I just bought it off of Etsy, $28 plus $4.85 for shipping and they managed to add on a dollar or two for tax. I didn't think you could charge tax on used items, but, oh well. I thought it looked like it was in pretty good shape, what do you think? Certainly better than my last Slim. Are photos good enough that anyone could date it for me?
Thanks, input is appreciated.
Well, unfortunately, after two or three days, the twist to open became increasingly difficult to open. And on the first shave, I saw that the blade would not align correctly on one side. Nothing I know how to do seem to make any difference. The seller graciously apologized, sent me a refund and told me to just keep the razor. I will probably pass it along as a freebie to someone who buys one of the razors I'm about sell (a Gamechanger 84 knurled handle, a Supply SE.) I'm bad about selling a new razor if I don't bond with it pretty quickly. And I'm finding, like many otherers, that I prefer a mild razor. It's very easy to up the aggression feel with a Kai or other sharp blade.

Well, unfortunately, after two or three days, the twist to open became increasingly difficult to open. And on the first shave, I saw that the blade would not align correctly on one side. Nothing I know how to do seem to make any difference. The seller graciously apologized, sent me a refund and told me to just keep the razor. I will probably pass it along as a freebie to someone who buys one of the razors I'm about sell (a Gamechanger 84 knurled handle, a Supply SE.) I'm bad about selling a new razor if I don't bond with it pretty quickly. And I'm finding, like many otherers, that I prefer a mild razor. It's very easy to up the aggression feel with a Kai or other sharp blade.

Best way to find out is to try em. If you dont get along, might as well sell em.

Top Bottom