What's new

My New Favorite Tobacco

I just finished a bowl of Peterson My Mixture 965 and Wow! That is a good smoke. It has a nice rich flavor to it. If you haven't tried it yet do yourself a favor and give it a try. It is really good stuff. Anyone else really like it a lot?

965-1.jpg

That’s a good question. I’ve one tin of the Dunhill 965, not sure which permutation, sitting in the cellar. I was gifted the tin and have yet to crack it open. I may have to give it a try.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm not a big fan of 965, though I do like several of Dunhill's offerings. I still have most of my first tin in a jar, probably 7 + yrs?. I may have to revisit it.

The descriptions of 965 on tobaccoreviews make it sound like Moses crafted it personally and brought it back down from Mt. Sinai along with the tablets.

Until now I never came around to crack my Dunhill tin but the Peterson sample that I received last week was very tasty.
View attachment 1330786

I'm fairly new to pipe smoking and I tried many different types of tobacco looking for one with a full flavor. This Peterson 965 is the most flavorful one I have ever tried. Between this one and Carter Hill that's all the tobacco I need.

I'm fairly new to pipe smoking and I tried many different types of tobacco looking for one with a full flavor. This Peterson 965 is the most flavorful one I have ever tried. Between this one and Carter Hill that's all the tobacco I need.
I would say it’s a well rounded medium English but I’ve been out of the game for a while. Going by the POTD choices I guess @Isaac has a few open English/Balkan tins and can guide you to other nice ones to explore.

Never the less I can give you at least some minor input:
Less smokiness (Latakia) and more Orientals —> Early Morning Pipe, Squadron Leader
Same class as 965 —> Skiff Mixture
More smokiness —> Nightcap, Commonwealth Mixture

I'm a fan on 965 too. It was the first dunhill blend I tried. One of the first latakia blends too. It is probably the reason I enjoy orientals so much now haha. It gets even better and smoother as it ages.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I have some Sutliff Balkan II that has the Oriental forward and Latakia in the background. It is generally mild and floral to my simple tastebuds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Those are 2 of my favorites as well. 👍

Top Bottom