What's new

My new Brush

Just received a Whippeddog 30mm Black Badger brush, and it is massive compared to my tweezerman. It also has the firehouse potter handle. Just eyeballing it its looks to be about three times bigger when its bloomed out than the tweezerman. Also got a sample of MWF can't wait until morning.

Last edited:
$2012-06-21205321.jpg

Last edited:
Just received a Whippeddog 30mm Black Badger brush, and it is massive compared to my tweezerman. It also has the firehouse potter handle. Just eyeballing it its looks to be about three times bigger when its bloomed out than the tweezerman. Also got a sample of MWF can't wait until morning.

pic won't show

Wow! That thing is huge!! And that brush handle is pretty sweet. Whats the name of it?

Its made by Whippeddog check out their website very nice prices ill give it a full review tomorrow. But I'm pretty new to the shaving game so ill do my best with any questions.

Well I have a few observations after my first use the brush is much less scratchy than my tweezerman. Also the bristles are much more flexible and doesn't really have as much stiffness, I would guess this is because the loft is substantially more. I had zero luck with getting the MWF to lather but I don't think its the brushes fault as the bowl I put it was tiny and the brush enormous. This is was my first soap however it lathered my TOB perfectly.

Just took a rough measurement of the loft and its around 52mm

Last edited:
This morning I tried the brush with Mitchells Wool Fat again and the results were amazing. I used a lot more water in the brush and loaded it for 30-45 secs, and it had enough lather for 4 passes. I was a little worried when I wasnt able to get it to lather the first time but It turned out great and I can't wait to shave again. Maybe I'll start shaving at night and in the morning :biggrin1:

Top Bottom