What's new

My new bottle of Aqua Velva is different...not again

My new Aqua Velva Ice Blue is different, mainly half-hour or so after applying. It smells wonderful at first, and cools as I recall. But it changes into a bitter, slightly sour scent later. A few years back when the plastic bottle showed up, the crisp top note was softened and the drydown was smooth and warm. Now this. Anyone else please reply if you have a new bottle and what it is like. CVS has a nice AV dupe called Razor. It is close to how AV was years ago when the potion came in glass bottles. Man, I hope the new AV hasn't changed again. I had come to terms with the plastic bottled AV and now really like it.

Did you shake it up before you applied it to your face. Ingredients do settle.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Yes, a habit of mine is to give any aftershave a shake for a few seconds. Also, this new bottle of AV is a bit darker. I don't know what to think. Am gonna shave about half hour before bed and splash some on so I can really concentrate on the scent. I pray this is from a bum batch, not likely, but possible. A local grocery warehouse store sells AV at a great price. Gotta go there tomorrow, will check further.

I use Aqua Velva almost exclusively for the past 10 years. It has definitely gotten “softer” I suspect less fragrance and cheaper ingredients over time.

Top Bottom