What's new

My New Boar Brushes

Gentlemen
Received my Zenith Boar brushes the other day and have been using them exclusively. Not bad right out of the boxes and shaving with them. Firm and not scratchy. No smell or doors. I understand they will soften up the more they are used. I did notice that when I use a soft soap in a tub or a tube soap like Proraso and bowl lather, the brushes seem to hold the lather and I cant seem to get as good a lather as my former badger brushes. I assume this will change? Now when I use a hard soap in one of my gravy boats they do better as far as creating lather.
They are very well made and I really like the handles. The blue one is a resin handle, the copper one is ...copper (plated?) and the wooden brush is Olive wood.
I am also getting a DaniDom brush from Spain, a 22mm Endurance two piece as well. I'll post pics when it arrives.
Cheers.
IMG_2559.jpeg

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Gentlemen
Received my Zenith Boar brushes the other day and have been using them exclusively. Not bad right out of the boxes and shaving with them. Firm and not scratchy. No smell or doors. I understand they will soften up the more they are used. I did notice that when I use a soft soap in a tub or a tube soap like Proraso and bowl lather, the brushes seem to hold the lather and I cant seem to get as good a lather as my former badger brushes. I assume this will change? Now when I use a hard soap in one of my gravy boats they do better as far as creating lather.
They are very well made and I really like the handles. The blue one is a resin handle, the copper one is ...copper (plated?) and the wooden brush is Olive wood.
I am also getting a DaniDom brush from Spain, a 22mm Endurance two piece as well. I'll post pics when they arrive.
Cheers.
View attachment 1595868
I really like my Zenith boar brushes.. both bleached and unbleached.. and their Manchurian badger is great too.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I understand they will soften up the more they are used. I did notice that when I use a soft soap in a tub or a tube soap like Proraso and bowl lather, the brushes seem to hold the lather and I cant seem to get as good a lather as my former badger brushes.
I like to soak my boar brushes a minimum of 2 minutes before use in warm water seems to make them more pliable + if you do not over time the bristles will break has been my findings. Boar bristles are hollow so it takes a few minutes to absorb water or bristles will try to absorb or cling to your soap I'm thinking.
Some fine brushes!

That's a fantastic den of boars! Well curated :). I wondered what the blue 507 handle would look like in real life - it looks great!!

I have a Zenith 506 handle boar and I've been curious about the longer 507 handle, idlily wondering if that might be more comfortable for me. It would be hard for me to give up the copper 506 handle though, it's quite comfortable and I like the weight and patina it gets.

Have you found yourself developing a favorite between your 506 handles and your 507 yet?

That's a fantastic den of boars! Well curated :). I wondered what the blue 507 handle would look like in real life - it looks great!!

I have a Zenith 506 handle boar and I've been curious about the longer 507 handle, idlily wondering if that might be more comfortable for me. It would be hard for me to give up the copper 506 handle though, it's quite comfortable and I like the weight and patina it gets.

Have you found yourself developing a favorite between your 506 handles and your 507 yet?
Nope, I enjoy using them all.

I bought a CSX 2000 (24mm, unbleached) and am seriously impressed with the performance, especially for a $9 brush. And for a chromed injection molded handle, it’s solid and the heaviest weighted one I’ve ever felt. I wish they had more offerings I could find in 24mm because a 27 just seems monstrous based on using this 24 (on par with my SOC for size and splay-ability)

It did have a subtle scent to it that’s still there, 20 odd uses in. Not a funk, but… I’ll be happier without it.

8B0CFB02-571F-49FC-A2C9-8C533F335370.jpeg

I bought a CSX 2000 (24mm, unbleached) and am seriously impressed with the performance, especially for a $9 brush. And for a chromed injection molded handle, it’s solid and the heaviest weighted one I’ve ever felt. I wish they had more offerings I could find in 24mm because a 27 just seems monstrous based on using this 24 (on par with my SOC for size and splay-ability)

It did have a subtle scent to it that’s still there, 20 odd uses in. Not a funk, but… I’ll be happier without it.

View attachment 1596776

Great trio!!

Top Bottom