What's new

my mustache dillema!

I have been DE shaving for a few months now.

My mustache (upper lip) is the most annoying spot to shave for me, because even after I've done WTG, Nose to ear, and ear to nose, I am still left every day with the terrible DIRTY SANCHEZ. (fair skin, dark course hair) :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

In my first week of DE shaving i tried going against the grain on my stache and suffered blood loss and irritation. However last night I tried with a shark blade going ATG and got a near BBS shave with a decent amount of irritation.

I was wondering what blade I should use next because I want to end up using a blade that will give me a more consistant BBS going ATG (I am confident that I can end up doing this because my technique is improving)

Will I need a blade that isn't very sharp but very forgiving, or something less forgiving but sharper

My blade collection to choose from (most I have not tried):
Gillete 7 o clock (green)
Sharks
Bluebirds
Feathers
Treets
Astra SP (didn't like)
Derby extra
Big Ben
Red IP
Dorco
Sharps
7 am

The blade could be the problem but the most likely scenario is your technique seeing as you have only been at this for a couple of months. I don't shave ATG anywhere except my neck so I can't help you specifically with that. I do have a trick for getting my upper lip BBS though. Open your mouth wide and then form an O shape with your lips - amaze yourself with how much more surface area you have to work with now that the nose is up and out of the way and the lips are stretched down.

If you are uninterested in growing a mustache, which is totally acceptable, I'd shave with the grain and across the grain(both ways) and keep working it and feeling for the stubble; blade buff(not enough room for j hooking) until you get it smooth

Top Bottom