What's new

My most used wet shaving product/tool

I have been wet shaving for decent amount of time. Started in 2012 and was a little on and off and been full on wetshaving for the past 3 or 4 years. Of all my nice wet shaving equipment my most used item is a 40$ Parker pure badger brush I have been using since day 1! I have rotated almost everything else but this brush has always done its job and I have never felt the need to replace it. Thought I would post it in all of its glory since it has served me so well. I do still have my first straight as well but she is only used for special shaves (good ol Wade and butcher for barbers use)
BB0DAT4.jpg

The straight razor I have used the most is a heljestrand MK4 (second place would be an old puma duck that unfortunately took a fatal fall)

The soap I have used the most is castle forbes Lime (Second would be either Dr. Harris windsor or Klar. Currently I only have my lime after moving but I do have some MdC fougere in the mail).

Most used stone would be my 5x2 Coticule that serves as my finisher

Curious what you guys have been using the most

Probably Witch Hazel & CeraVe.

I nearly always use Witch Hazel to cut through the soap scum just after the last pass and before rinsing. Dickinson's works well for this as it seems even more astringent than Thayers. It allows me to dilute and wipe off the tallow-funk prior to rinsing my face. A generous Witch Hazel rub followed by a quick wipe with the towel, and the rinse becomes short and easy - even with cold water.

CeraVe is always the last thing to go on & sometimes I use it to do a little late chasing if I come across a rough patch after rinsing off the soap.

My brush and post are constant as well. Trusty 26 mm tuxedo synthetic, plus witch hazel and Cerave. Soap, splash and razors change frequently.

Williams Mug served me well for over 40 years, an Old Type was my number one razor for most of that time. One cheap drugstore boar brush did the lathering for about 20 years, sitting in the mug between shifts. The Plisson badger that replaced it did about 20 years as well, but was treated much better.

I don’t have enough shave time ahead (or the will to stop playing the field) for any of my current gear to beat those records.

Last edited:
Probably my antique silver lather bowl. OTT for sure but I find that it adds a bit of style and history to the experience. Razors, soaps and brushes change frequently but the bowl is pretty constant. I love it and it cost less than every one of my razors and badger brushes. It’s over 100 years old, it’s seen a lot and I’m fairly certain it will see me out too.
D3A9C5F9-F3DB-4A63-A55B-E88CE87E4D40.jpeg

My most used shaving product is a Gillette Slim Adjustable (J-4) that my Dad gave to me when I first started shaving. I used it almost everyday for 30+ years (along with Williams Mug Soap, a Victoria boar brush, and English-made Wilkinson Sword blades... the Fine Stout and Nivea ASB came much later):

proxy.php

Then, I joined B&B and now I have razors, brushes, blades, and soaps/creams coming out the wazoo. These days, I rarely use the same product twice in a row unless I'm testing something.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
My most used is my strop. I have only had to replace it once after I cut it up pretty bad while not properly.concentrating on what I was doing.

My most used shaving product is a Gillette Slim Adjustable (J-4) that my Dad gave to me when I first started shaving. I used it almost everyday for 30+ years (along with Williams Mug Soap, a Victoria boar brush, and English-made Wilkinson Sword blades... the Fine Stout and Nivea ASB came much later):

Then, I joined B&B and now I have razors, brushes, blades, and soaps/creams coming out the wazoo. These days, I rarely use the same product twice in a row unless I'm testing something.

I just started used Nivea ASB and have been really enjoying it. I use it after my regular AS and it stops my skin from drying out which is great

My Edwin Jagger DE89. I bought it in 2010 and its still in use today. One of my best purchases.
I also have Simpsons Commodore X1 that I bought around the same time that it still giving excellent service today although I recently upgraded to a Chubby 1.

Top Bottom