What's new

My mighty shavette

Hi guys,
I just wanted to share with you how I now use the shavette.
I usually like to shave with shavettes (Parker etc) but unfortunately I've always found that a DE blade was too sharp and gave me some irritations.
Then I bought an Artist Club clone on the web with some Feather blades and those SE blades are way smoother for my skin.

But I realized that I still had a turkish Sedef shavette (very cheap) that normally suits for DE blades but I am able to insert a Feather blade inside. I find this shavette amazing cause it is cheap, but mainly because it is very thin and very handy. The result is perfect ! The blade fits properly, never moves and it only takes a few seconds to insert it (it's a bit more finnicky the first times.

That is a cheap alternative to Feather AC shavette

1956.jpg

2.jpg

This makes me want to try and pick up a sedef to try. Can't find them on Amazon in my own country for some reason but I'll keep looking.

Normally the reason a Shavette with DE blades will cause irritation is because it can't hold the blade solid enough. I see this one can hold the AC blade nicely and has a thin lip so you can get closer to the right angle. Nice!
The Feather holds the blade tight with spring tension. Not just two pieces of metal crimped together. Watch for it to loosen up. It may happen, it may not. Just keep an eye on it.

After you get to enjoying the Shavette well, then get the real deal.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I did that and my Kai Captain Titan Mild P!nk blade sunk in lopsidedly.

@exocet , is there anything atop your AC-format blade to keep it from sinking towards the spine?

Actually it's a bit finnicky the first times to align the blade, you need to do it slowly with the tip of your nail. one pinch at the top, one at the bottom, slowly until it is straight. Then when you are used to it, it takes a few seconds, it takes more time to remove it lol

Top Bottom