What's new

My low De stash doesn't end?!

I don't know for you, but I think I have about 150 blades in a box. I might have bought 20 blades this year. However I find the stash is the same. I have this feeling like forever. And what is funny is that I want to buy a 100pc for the first time. I am just not finding the right deal with shipping under 10-12 usd in Europe.

Today I found a box of Astra Sp for 12usd at a local store but I think I have about 50 of them.

Does anyone has the same sensation?

After I figured out what blades I liked, I started purchasing 100 at a time as the cost is many times less expensive than purchasing smaller quantities. I probably have 1000 blades overall. That should last me for the rest of my life.

Since there is only one razor blade manufacturer in the USA, you would think that razor blades would be more expensive here than elsewhere around the world, but that does not seem to be the case. If you purchase blades in the States and ship them back across the pond, the shipping costs and VAT levies make them rather expensive.

There are some decent blades that can be purchased for under $10USD /100 blades, but by the time you add shipping costs and import taxes, you will be well over your $12 price point. The least expensive blades I can find on Amazon are the Gillette branded Wilkinson Sword blades selling for $6.95 USD/100 blades. The blades are made either in China or India. They are far from my favorite blades, but I like them better than the Astra SP blades.

I know you have had trouble sourcing other items in the past, but isn't something like Razor Blades Club able to ship to you? They have free shipping on 100 blades and you can mix. Maybe ebay direct from India as another possibility, if you want blade suggestions just let me know.

Now that's a blade collection!

:a29::a29::a29:

I might have been prone to a little exaggeration, in comparison to some others my collection isn't the biggest, it's over 2,000. As I often keep a beard, I only seem to use a handful of blades a year and my blade storage seems to only get fuller.

I'm sure there are some here who's blade collection has grown sentient and not just starting collected blades for the own use but started their own stores on Etsy.

I've got 1600-1700 blades. I shave daily and use a blade 3-5 times. That means I average about 100 blades a year. I just turned 72. I think I'll stop buying blades now...

I'm trying not to keep too much stuff on hand so I try not to buy more than 20-30 blades at a time. Besides, that way I get to try out different blades more frequently.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have well over 1500 now and shave three or four times a week. So...I should never have to buy DE blades again. I say should never...not will never. 🤣

Top Bottom