What's new

My Little Travel Brush Restore...mmm butter.

Did this little butterscotch restore recently. It has a 16mm knot, set at 42mm. It is an old German handle that I bought in an Ebay lot. I have my Rooney 3/1 in the pic for comparison.

What do you think?

Well, let me know how it shaves! I should be getting it back in a little while, so I might post a picture in here too.

I've been eyeing that knot myself. How does it lather?

I don't think you would want to use it everyday. It's just to small ... imo. I think the best use is to face lather, while reloading the brush between passes. It simply will not hold enough lather. But, it gives you something to play with.

I don't think you would want to use it everyday. It's just to small ... imo. I think the best use is to face lather, while reloading the brush between passes. It simply will not hold enough lather. But, it gives you something to play with.

I was thinking of it for a travel brush. I think I'll go ahead and get it and give it a go.

I was thinking of it for a travel brush. I think I'll go ahead and get it and give it a go.

I mostly got it for a travel brush. Maybe a "change of pace" brush every now and then too.

P

Pjotr

Where did you get the 16mm knot? Can't see them on the TGN site. Just interested.

Edit: Just had another look and it is on the TGN website!

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pjotr

The Wee Scot gives me enough lather for three passes.

Really excellent work.

meats.....Gary's Shoebox Shave Shop had Simpson's Case tubes for sale last time I looked....but a pill bottle works too.

Top Bottom