What's new

My lightweight AR is about to get Fat

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
63845B37-3AC4-4253-BCE1-4676E27E7FAB.jpeg

100 yds from the bench, 5 rounds Hornady 123 gr. BTHP 6.5 Grendel, approx. 0.75 MOA.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
FB1FCACA-F7E3-4433-BD8C-B24DFB9B4E5C.jpeg

With the .223 upper
B0AE0784-17D3-4748-82A5-8FEB6BE1F165.jpeg

5 shots (2 in one in the x-ring) at 100 yds from the bench. 69gr. SMK over 25.3 gr. of Varget. Scope may be off a tad. Will have to shoot this combo some more.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So far, I'm really liking the UBR stock and the fat Ergo grip combo, at least shooting from the bench. I have yet to do any "dynamic" run and gun shooting with the new set up, so that remains to be seen but I'm optimistic that it won't be too heavy.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So today I shot the "phat" AR in a match today, not really "running and gunning", but at least off hand. Gun performed well. Definitely a different feel than its former light weight version, but totally functional.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
So today I shot the "phat" AR in a match today, not really "running and gunning", but at least off hand. Gun performed well. Definitely a different feel than its former light weight version, but totally functional.

Other then an AR with a pencil barrel, GI stocks and iron sights, is there any such thing as a lightweight AR anymore?

I have just a simple dot, a skinny Streamlight and MagPul’s slimline furniture on the wife’s AR, and she complained how heavy it was took her to the range. I try to keep my AR’s as light as possible, but her rifle seemed heavy to me and I have been working out! :)

Top Bottom