What's new

My light BAD was killed when.

For me Gillette and badger brushes are both important icons in the WS.
When I started WS, I can not wait to get a badger brush (Simpsons colonel X2L).
After using a very few times, I found it's not suitable for me because of lack of backbone.
I bought another famous badger brush, Semogue SOC 2 band badger brush because it is good in providing enough backbone.
I was disappointed again..
I remember I searched another badger brush eagerly at that time.
Thanks GOD. I did not purchase another badger brush.
(Even my wife wanted to give a very good badger brush to me.)

I have been back to my boars for months (Semogue 610 and Omega 11037).
In my experiences with these two badger brush, badger brushes always give me soft but scrub feeling.
Conversely, if I give my boars a good hot-water soaking,
they are so soft with very little scrub feeling while face-lathering.
I am quite content with my boar team now and have stopped searching a new badger brush for several weeks.
My light BAD was killed by my boars.
I wonder I am a boar-guy some months ago, but now I am sure about this.

Some like the scrub, others don't. If you really don't want to feel it, synthetic is the way to go.
I like my SOC especially for this reason, it's scrubby, especially if i shave on two days growth, i like getting that lather under the hairs. It works better with some soaps that with others, but it does not perform better than synthetic Plisson. Same with boars, i like them with some specific soaps, not much with others.

Some are just boar guys through and through. Nothing wrong with that. It's cheaper than my hobby!

I love my badgers so much, I've always been afraid to try a high quality boar. I need to be able to rationalize the many hundreds I've spent on my brushes. :thumbup:

I love my badgers so much, I've always been afraid to try a high quality boar. I need to be able to rationalize the many hundreds I've spent on my brushes. :thumbup:

In a lot of ways, I think this is what stopped me, for now. But I stopped after getting what felt like good examples of boar, badger, horse, and synthetic. I didn't get top tier badger yet, but the possibility is still there if I choose to some time in the future. For me though, it's always noticed when I'm using badger.

Same here.

I've got a couple of Semogue's (supposedly,high quality boars, 90 % tops and all that) and I like them. A lot.

But I do prefer my badgers. All of'em!:001_wub:

For me Gillette and badger brushes are both important icons in the WS.
When I started WS, I can not wait to get a badger brush (Simpsons colonel X2L).
After using a very few times, I found it's not suitable for me because of lack of backbone.
I bought another famous badger brush, Semogue SOC 2 band badger brush because it is good in providing enough backbone.
I was disappointed again..
I remember I searched another badger brush eagerly at that time.
Thanks GOD. I did not purchase another badger brush.
(Even my wife wanted to give a very good badger brush to me.)

I have been back to my boars for months (Semogue 610 and Omega 11037).
In my experiences with these two badger brush, badger brushes always give me soft but scrub feeling.
Conversely, if I give my boars a good hot-water soaking,
they are so soft with very little scrub feeling while face-lathering.
I am quite content with my boar team now and have stopped searching a new badger brush for several weeks.
My light BAD was killed by my boars.
I wonder I am a boar-guy some months ago, but now I am sure about this.

I have been thinking about this quite a bit lately. It’s not that I don’t like my badgers, it’s just that I find that after experimenting with several different brushes over the past 7 months, I like my boars equally, if not more, than my badgers. :001_smile

I have been thinking about this quite a bit lately. It’s not that I don’t like my badgers, it’s just that I find that after experimenting with several different brushes over the past 7 months, I like my boars equally, if not more, than my badgers. :001_smile

I must admit at first it's hard to convince myself to love boar brushes more.
There are huge price differences between them and the badger hairs feels more luxurious than boar hairs.
But when I found I used badger brushes less and less, everything is clear.

Similar experience here, I bought a boar first (Omega 10066) then wanted to try badger (Whipped Dog 24mm High Mountain)
I enjoy the badger brush a lot when I use it but I absolutely love my boar and use it about 5 to 1 over my badger and this taught me that I love boar.

:001_cool::001_cool::001_cool::001_cool:

Interesting. My experience is almost 180 degrees different.

I started with boars (and still keep one). Tried my first "good" badger (Simpson's Duke 2-best). That was it!

Turns out I am a Badger Boy. This just goes to show that it takes all kinds!!

The only kind that is not appreciated here are people who shave with electric lawn mowers or carts with a gazillion blades, etc.

:001_cool::001_cool::001_cool::001_cool:

Interesting. My experience is almost 180 degrees different.

I started with boars (and still keep one). Tried my first "good" badger (Simpson's Duke 2-best). That was it!

Turns out I am a Badger Boy. This just goes to show that it takes all kinds!!

The only kind that is not appreciated here are people who shave with electric lawn mowers or carts with a gazillion blades, etc.

WOW...
What a wonderful ymmv world.

You are not alone my friend... :thumbup1:

yeah..my friend,
I am so satisfied with my boars.
Omega seems to produce large-sized boars.
I want to find omega boars with 50mm loft, but I fail.
Besides, I like Proraso pre so so so much,
it is far superior than Noxzema.

Here's a couple that may interest you...

$10290.PNG
$13564.PNG

Top Bottom