What's new

My Latest Roll

Hi everyone.

If nobody minds, and if it is allowed, I'd like to create a thread where I can post my favourite few photos from each roll of film I use.

I use film almost exclusively, and always black and white.

This latest film is to test an Olympus Mju ii 170 that I bought in a charity shop.
The film is Fomapan 100

Cheers

img046 by Simon, on Flickr

img048 by Simon, on Flickr

img047 by Simon, on Flickr

Nice pics Simon. I still shoot film too.
I'm in the process of moving my darkroom so I can't soup anything.
I also only soup black and white now. I shoot film in formats from 35mm to 4X5.
What chems did you use? What paper did you print on?
Very nice contrast and long gradient in pic #1. Nice use of rule of thirds too.

Last edited:
Thanks Rick

I use 35mm and 6x6 medium format.

I always use Kodak HC-110 and Ilford Rapid fix.

I don't bother with stop, water does that job. but I do a final rinse with distilled water and a drop of flo, or whatever it's called.

I don't print on paper. I scan the negs

Film and scanning seems to be a better idea and one I had not thought of.

I was just down in my (unused) darkroom a few days ago wondering how I could get it all started back up again.

I need to put another desktop back together so that I can get my film scanner back online. I think that would be a better bet than any other option.

I have film which has been stored. I would need to run some test shots to see if any of it is still any good :(

proxy.php

Ooh yes, all that film.

If it has been kept in a fridge it should be fine.

A general rule of thumb is to overexpose by one stop per decade.

Good looking shots, Simon! I've been using film since May (not counting the pre-digital era when it was all film!). The DSLR has been unused for months. The only digital I've done is a few cell phone pictures. I've learned to develop B&W, but I have had a couple of rolls of colour developed by a local shop. I scan them myself. The scans are pretty dull looking until I bump the contrast and do a bit of sharpening, but I just have a cheap Epson scanner.

Keep the film shots coming!

Good looking shots, Simon! I've been using film since May (not counting the pre-digital era when it was all film!). The DSLR has been unused for months. The only digital I've done is a few cell phone pictures. I've learned to develop B&W, but I have had a couple of rolls of colour developed by a local shop. I scan them myself. The scans are pretty dull looking until I bump the contrast and do a bit of sharpening, but I just have a cheap Epson scanner.

Keep the film shots coming!

Thanks

Another film convert. :thumbup:

I use an Epson V500.

A bit of a tweak in Lightroom is always needed.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
great shots
i love the nice contrast and the composition with different patterns

Those are real nice Simon!

My wife asks periodically what i'm going to do with that crisper full of film in the fridge. I have my dad's darkroom equipment stashed in the basement but film and a scanner sure looks like the best of both worlds.

dave

Thank you. You are all most kind.

I'm feeling the need to get out and play with one of my medium format 6x6 cameras.

Thank you. You are all most kind.

I'm feeling the need to get out and play with one of my medium format 6x6 cameras.

I do miss my old 6x6 and 6x7cm cameras, mainly that massive tank-like Pentax 67. They have long left my hands and other than a Nikon F I'm still hanging on to, I have converted over to 100% digital. Film has now become something of a "lost art" but it's great that you are using it and I know there are others that still do as well.

We do appreciate your sharing here and your work is outstanding. Thank you.

Your work shows why film is what digital is nearly always compared.

Been trying to mimic Tri-X on a Fuji X10. Just can't seem to get there.

Your photos make me want to dig up the old Nikon hardware and that Rollei 35 I fell in love with.

Top Bottom